Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

miscarriage??

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:04 PM
  • 11 Replies

Ok so I have been having really bad lower abdominal cramps/pains and my lower stomach had been really tnder to the touch, my son will crawl on me or I will hold him and it hurts. I got my period, but it came early which is weird cuz Im on the pill so it always comes exactly on the same day. Anyway, the blood was bright red, not darker like usual and it was chunky, like there was a lot of tissue in it and Im wondering if maybe I may be having a miscarrige. I mean I didnt think I was pg but I strarted feelign sick, especially after I ate and I was sure but I was going to wait and see if  I got my period and then I did and it was like I said above. Have any mommas had miscarriges?? What did you experience, I called my ob to make an appt. because I am concerned, I have been having tummy pains for weeks now and I dont know if its my pill or something else.

Blessed to have my boys!

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Katenemsmom
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:06 PM

Normally the blood is darker not lighter.  I would talk to your doctor it could be endotrimiosis or something like that.

heartstolen08
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:08 PM

I was having really dark blood clots and they were pretty big. I looked that up online cuz I was worried about that too. I am a worrier.

Quoting Katenemsmom:

Normally the blood is darker not lighter.  I would talk to your doctor it could be endotrimiosis or something like that.

heartstolen08
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:22 PM

anyone?? I really need some help!

MikeysMom51108
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:35 PM

About 2 1/2 years ago, I had a period come about 2 weeks late. When it came, I had horrible cramps (which was weird because until I had my son, I never had cramps with my period). The blood was bright red and full of huge clots. My mom said it might be a miscarriage, so I went to the hospital. They did all kinds of blood work and tests, and told me that it probably was a miscarriage, but because it would have been so early in the pregnancy, they couldn't say for sure.

I don't know if that helps you at all.....good luck.

heartstolen08
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 1:56 PM

I went to the gyno yesterday and they confirmed that it was a miscarriage but they were sure how far along I was, they think only a few weeks. I am heartbroken. I didnt want another kid so soon but I would have been extatic to have another one if given the chance. I guess everything happenes for a reason, Im just really upset. I couldnt even go to work last night! Im just so blessed to have the little boy that I do have and I guess when the time is right we will add to the family.

Katenemsmom
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 4:42 PM

I am so sorry.  ((hugs))

Quoting heartstolen08:

I went to the gyno yesterday and they confirmed that it was a miscarriage but they were sure how far along I was, they think only a few weeks. I am heartbroken. I didnt want another kid so soon but I would have been extatic to have another one if given the chance. I guess everything happenes for a reason, Im just really upset. I couldnt even go to work last night! Im just so blessed to have the little boy that I do have and I guess when the time is right we will add to the family.

heartstolen08
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 5:35 PM

Thanx, I could really use one right now!

Quoting Katenemsmom:

I am so sorry.  ((hugs))

Quoting heartstolen08:

rufusshu
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 6:03 PM

I'm sorry.  I've had 2 miscarriages.  I had a miscarriage a few years ago.  I was 6 weeks 3 days pregnant when the baby died, but we knew I was pregnant, had already picked out names, and had already painted the baby's room.  The second one was inbetween my girls.  We were trying to get pregnant, and the miscarriage happened just like yours.  Shortly before I was supposed to get my period.  So, needless to say, I feel your heartbreak.  It makes me sad to watch last season of America's Next Top Model, because there is a girl named Analeigh on it, and that was the girl name we picked out.  So...  I feel your pain.  I'm sorry you're going through it! 

And the color of the blood just depends on how long its been in your body.  If its before you were supposed to get your period, the blood isn't as old, so it should be lighter.  After your period, its been in your body longer, so it would be darker.

heartstolen08
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 6:08 PM

Im soryy you had to go through that twice! I feel so bad now, like I could have prevented it, but I know thast really not the case. I just carry a lot of heavy stuff at work and dont sleep much and am always stressed and I just wonder if that had anything to do with it. I will never really know. Im just beating myself up because I am hurt and I feel alone and I really cant alk to anyone about this because I dont want my family to lecture us about we werent being safe enough (even though I am on bc and using condoms), but thas the last thing I want to hear and my bf doesnt get how upset I am, but I knew you ladies would be supportive!

Quoting rufusshu:

I'm sorry.  I've had 2 miscarriages.  I had a miscarriage a few years ago.  I was 6 weeks 3 days pregnant when the baby died, but we knew I was pregnant, had already picked out names, and had already painted the baby's room.  The second one was inbetween my girls.  We were trying to get pregnant, and the miscarriage happened just like yours.  Shortly before I was supposed to get my period.  So, needless to say, I feel your heartbreak.  It makes me sad to watch last season of America's Next Top Model, because there is a girl named Analeigh on it, and that was the girl name we picked out.  So...  I feel your pain.  I'm sorry you're going through it! 

And the color of the blood just depends on how long its been in your body.  If its before you were supposed to get your period, the blood isn't as old, so it should be lighter.  After your period, its been in your body longer, so it would be darker.

HopeMamma
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 6:09 PM

I just had a miscarriage on the 18Th of Jan I was 13 weeks pregnant with our third child. It has not been an easy thing to go through. It has been by far the hardest thing to go through. I have my good and bad days. I am sure with time I will heal and things will get easier. I am just blessed to have the two great boys I have. Everything happens for a reason and I am sure God will bless me and you with another baby. Just take time and let your body heal and give yourself that grieving period. It is good for you to grieve about it it is a big loss. I hope you are feeling better soon.

* Hope *

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)