Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The 1st of Spring Diet Challenge

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:14 PM
  • 89 Replies

OK mamas, I'm starting a diet/weightloss challenge for anyone who would like to join. We can just keep adding comments to this post to keep it going. The first day of spring is March 20th, just 8 weeks & 2 days from now. That's plenty of time to kick some weightloss bootie!!

Who's with me?!

I'm going to try to monitor this post as much as possible, to keep motivation & support going for everyone. I only access the internet at work, so I won't see replies after 5pm EST during the week (or weekends).

Here are my stats: age 37, 5' 10", large-boned, 204.5 lbs, BMI 29.3

My personal goal for The 1st of Spring Diet Challenge is 10.0 lbs. This is also my BMI chart-driven Mini Goal #2. I broke down my weightloss goals in increments that correspond with the BMI chart, since my goal is a healthy BMI 24 (BMI 25 is the beginning of the "overweight" category).

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bethmoore71
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:41 PM

I think I may delete this post since I'm not getting response. I PIOG in Plus Sized Moms, and will probably get more people jazzed there.

itsnotaboutm765
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:50 PM

Don't delete it!lol

I don't really have a whole lot of weight to lose but am completely unhappy with the way I look and feel.  I'm20 pounds heavier then I was in high school and would like to lose 10 of that.  I'm 5'8 and weigh 114 I know that sounds very light but I'm a very small boned person and have NO boobs.lol  My goal for this will be to lose 5 pounds and to feel better and look healthier.

jaedynmoon
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:52 PM

I'm in!!  I've been on a diet/workout plan for 2 weeks now and would love to be part of the challenge!!

bethmoore71
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:55 PM

Welcome, and thanks for joining with me. You know your own body, and as long as you look in the mirror in a healthy way, so be it. I was curious to see what your BMI is, and it's actually currently 17.3, which is "underweight". "Average" on your chart, for small bones, starts at 121.5 lbs. But, again, you know your own body. Good luck on your challenge!

Quoting itsnotaboutm765:

Don't delete it!lol

I don't really have a whole lot of weight to lose but am completely unhappy with the way I look and feel.  I'm20 pounds heavier then I was in high school and would like to lose 10 of that.  I'm 5'8 and weigh 114 I know that sounds very light but I'm a very small boned person and have NO boobs.lol  My goal for this will be to lose 5 pounds and to feel better and look healthier.

bethmoore71
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:56 PM

Welcome, thanks for joining us! So what will your goal be for 1st of Spring Challenge?

Quoting jaedynmoon:

I'm in!!  I've been on a diet/workout plan for 2 weeks now and would love to be part of the challenge!!

jaedynmoon
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:00 PM

I guess I should have put that in huh lol!  Well I am 5'9 and have a large frame.  I was 170 before getting pregnant and I am now 220 I want to get back down to 150-155 where I was when I lost a ton of weight 5 years ago and just recently gained it back when I was pregnant.  I want to alteast be out of the 200's by the first of spring.

Quoting bethmoore71:

Welcome, thanks for joining us! So what will your goal be for 1st of Spring Challenge?

Quoting jaedynmoon:

ShinyMomma3
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:01 PM

Id like to join I started dieting and excercising almost 3 wks ago.  Im down 7 pounds and have a goal to loose at least 80 pounds.  I know I cant do that realistically so Im gonna say between 20 and 25 pounds. 

EmisMommy
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:02 PM

My girlfriend and I have just started Weight Watchers, so I am in!!!!!   I am 28yo, 5'8", 188lbs.   I am hoping to lose 15 lbs by then.   Overall, I'm hoping to lose 40-45lbs.    Should we pick a day a week and post how we are doing??   I vote for Thursdays because that is my WW weigh in day anyways!!! LOL

bethhill
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:04 PM

I wil join I am 5'2 small boned and 138 and I would like to loose at least 38 pounds

Thanks Dreamweaver669 for the siggie

itsnotaboutm765
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:04 PM

yeah my wii tells me that every time I get on it.lol  I think its cause I literally have NO boobs.lol

Quoting bethmoore71:

Welcome, and thanks for joining with me. You know your own body, and as long as you look in the mirror in a healthy way, so be it. I was curious to see what your BMI is, and it's actually currently 17.3, which is "underweight". "Average" on your chart, for small bones, starts at 121.5 lbs. But, again, you know your own body. Good luck on your challenge!

Quoting itsnotaboutm765:

Don't delete it!lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)