Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am leaving my daughter alone today!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:15 PM
  • 23 Replies

So my daughter has been being a totaly butt today. She is 16 months and my only one, I am a stay home mom. Lately she has been having random fits over nothing and it's driving me nuts. So she started to play and I came and got on the computer. For whatever reason, when I leave the room she starts playing and is totally good! So I am leaving her alone! Of course I check on her constantly, but she doesn't notice. The TV is on, I actually just rearranged the gates so she can hang out in her bedroom and the room I am in also, but for the last like 45 minutes I haven't messed with her and she is perfectly happy. I think it's weird!

Join me at Non-Religious Mommies!

It's ok to be open-minded!

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ShoesRLove
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:18 PM

I THINK IT'S WEIRD YOU'D WANT TO LEAVE HER ALONE, EVEN WHEN MY SON IS A BUTT, I STILL WANT TO BE WITH HIM EVERY MINUTE.. HE'S 22 MONTHS AND I HAVE NEVER LEFT HIM ALONE FOR 45 MINUTES {WHILE I WAS IN THE HOUSE WITH HIM}

If you have a baby named GAVIN, come join my group. "Gavin Babies"

hattiemae1
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:19 PM

my son gets in the same moods.  we will ask him if he needs a time out and he'll say yes and go to his room and close the door.  i respect it.  just because he's only 2 1/2 years old doesn't mean he can't need personal space.  enjoy it!  she'll be all up you ass tomorrow!  lol!

lizmarie1975
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:20 PM

Some kids are just independent.  I would have loved if my daughter wasn't my shadow at that age. 

As long as she's happy and safe...let her be. 

mitty18
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:20 PM

My son is like that. Cept he wants me in his eyesight just NOT touching him or interfering with his Me time. LOL

I'm a non-vaccinating, Co-sleeping, ERFing, Non-spanking, Baby-wearing, Momma to a preemie and speical needs child whom i love with all my heart soul and mind. 

fatcat0908
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:21 PM

Some kids thrive off of independent play. It is very healthy for a child to learn how to entertain themselves. As long as you can supervise without being in her way you are doing her a big favor by giving her her own space.

Were you married in 2001? If so, come join us at 2001 Anniversaries.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/17057/

thebestbrianne
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:22 PM

She can come in and out of the room I am in and I check on her every 2 minutes when she's not. She seems to be enjoying herself, and my house is very child-proofed. It's not that I want to leave her alone, she just seems to be happier that way today.

Quoting ShoesRLove:

I THINK IT'S WEIRD YOU'D WANT TO LEAVE HER ALONE, EVEN WHEN MY SON IS A BUTT, I STILL WANT TO BE WITH HIM EVERY MINUTE.. HE'S 22 MONTHS AND I HAVE NEVER LEFT HIM ALONE FOR 45 MINUTES {WHILE I WAS IN THE HOUSE WITH HIM}

Join me at Non-Religious Mommies!

It's ok to be open-minded!

youngmom33

OMG your such a bad mom blah blah blah, I don't see anything wrong w/ it she is playing w/ herself ( shows imagination and concentration ) its not like you left the house and made her fend for herself. Your in the same dang house.

mrs_stanton

It's not weird, children need  their independent time to learn to entertain themselves. As long as her daughter is safe and she continues to check on her she's doing find. My 22 month old son can go in the kitchen, living room, hallway, and my SS's room without me staying right there with him and he does just fine. My 9 month old daughter crawls now and she goes everywhere. I don't have to follow them non stop.

Quoting ShoesRLove:

jacksmom11907
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:23 PM
Sounds just like my little guy! If im in sight he is a MONSTER! BUt if i sneek into the other room and he doesn't see me leave he's perfect!!
mom2Hayleigh
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:23 PM

Thats awesome she is showing you she needs her space. Just a part of independance. Go with it. If she is happy, let her be. She is at that stage. As for the first post girls are so different than girls so take it from someone with a lot of girls and another on the way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)