Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

am I pregnant??? period vs. implantation bleeding

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:16 PM
  • 7 Replies

lol.. had to post the title... lmao. Anyways.. it's kinda a question like that. My sister thinks she may be pregnant. She is having all the symptoms and swears she felt the baby move... So she'd have to be pretty far along... she said it may have been just gas.. but she's had 3 pregnancy's and 2 kids.. so she knows what it feels like. Here's the issue.. she still has her "period" every month. I understand that this is called implantatoin bleeding when you are pregnant... my real question is.. does anyone know the chances of having "implantation bleeding/ period" when you are pregnant, when you already had 3 pregnancies that this didn't happen with???

BTW: She is going to buy a home pregnancy test, but doesn't have medical insurance and is freaking out right now.. and needs an answer. I can't find it and she doesn't have interent access.

I AM A SINGLE 19 YEAR OLD MOMMY. I GO TO COLLEGE FULL TIME FOR CORRECTIONS. I WORK FULL TIME AT THE DEPARTMENT OF JOB AND FAMILY SERVICES. I AM A SURVIVOR OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AND RAPE. I CO-SLEPT, VACCINANTED, DISPOSABLE DIPAERED AND FORMULA FED MY BEAUTIFUL ONE YEAR OLD SON JAYSON. HE IS HAPPY, HEALTHY AND WELL ADJUSTED TO HIS PERFECT LIFE. HE DOESN'T HAVE TWO PARENTS BUT HE HAS A MOMMY, 2 GRANDPARENTS, 3 AUNTS, 3 UNCLES, 7 COUSINS AND A WHOLE LOTTA LOVE! LIFE IS GOOD FOR US. AND THAT IS WHAT REALLY MATTERS

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
thebestbrianne
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:18 PM

I don't know the odds, but I have known people who've had periods during their pregnancy. I also recently discovered the term "phantom kicks" which is a sensation I get all the time, even though my DD is 16 months! She should check out planned parenthood, it may still cost money to get exams, but it will be cheaper. They do have options for people with low or no income.

Join me at Non-Religious Mommies!

It's ok to be open-minded!

Mommy2Jayson
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:19 PM

BUMP???

I AM A SINGLE 19 YEAR OLD MOMMY. I GO TO COLLEGE FULL TIME FOR CORRECTIONS. I WORK FULL TIME AT THE DEPARTMENT OF JOB AND FAMILY SERVICES. I AM A SURVIVOR OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AND RAPE. I CO-SLEPT, VACCINANTED, DISPOSABLE DIPAERED AND FORMULA FED MY BEAUTIFUL ONE YEAR OLD SON JAYSON. HE IS HAPPY, HEALTHY AND WELL ADJUSTED TO HIS PERFECT LIFE. HE DOESN'T HAVE TWO PARENTS BUT HE HAS A MOMMY, 2 GRANDPARENTS, 3 AUNTS, 3 UNCLES, 7 COUSINS AND A WHOLE LOTTA LOVE! LIFE IS GOOD FOR US. AND THAT IS WHAT REALLY MATTERS

BIMOM21
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:19 PM

You Can have a period while pregnant

Juggalette Mommy

Mommy2Jayson
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:20 PM

Thanks. I knew about phantom kicks as my friend is feeling them... but she just had an abortion (don't bash)... but I didn't think it could happen without trauma. Thank you.. I will tell my sis what you said about phantom kicks and planned parenthood

Quoting thebestbrianne:

I don't know the odds, but I have known people who've had periods during their pregnancy. I also recently discovered the term "phantom kicks" which is a sensation I get all the time, even though my DD is 16 months! She should check out planned parenthood, it may still cost money to get exams, but it will be cheaper. They do have options for people with low or no income.

brattykatty_5
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:20 PM

my step mom had her period while preggers (all the way up till she was like 8 months or close to having the baby, I dont remember exactly how close but was really far along). Its not a common thing but it can happen. Thats where the people come from with " I didnt even know I was expecting" 

tashamyork
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:23 PM

Implantation bleeding only happens one time and it is when the egg implants. It is very little blood (i had it, thought it was my period, it only happened once and it was a week b4 I was supposed to start) then a week later I started and had periods until I was 8 weeks, so two more cycles. They thought I was miscarrying so they did a US but I didn't thank God! :)

heatherann0221
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:28 PM

did you get a positive test though? My period last month and the one I'm on now are really lite. The last one only lasted two days. But I got both periods right on time, it's always the Tuesday after I finish a pack of pills. I took a test today and it was negative. I have all the period symptoms but no pregnancy ones. I'm going to take that test as fact. Unless I have one more period like this...

Quoting tashamyork:

Implantation bleeding only happens one time and it is when the egg implants. It is very little blood (i had it, thought it was my period, it only happened once and it was a week b4 I was supposed to start) then a week later I started and had periods until I was 8 weeks, so two more cycles. They thought I was miscarrying so they did a US but I didn't thank God! :)

Proud to be a: 22 year old, married, movie quoting, Thomas watching, carseat loving, Twilight obsessed, happy mommy to Noah Michael (2/21/06) and Kyle James (7/21/08)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)