Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I correctly feeding my son?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:21 PM
  • 8 Replies

My son is almost 11 months old.  His pediatrician said it was ok to start him on things like grilled cheese, mac-n-cheese, french toast, etc.  Most of the list seems a bit unhealthy to me.  I did give Liam mac-n-cheese and grilled cheese and he LOVED it.  well, i told my hubby and he kind of flipped.  he wanted to know what a was thinking feeding a baby that junk.  he is a farm raised boy from ireland and was raised on natural stuff.  i'm a city girl and gerber was my mom's best friend!  i'm confused!!!!!!

anyway, on a normal day, Liam has a 6oz bottle in the morning around 7.  then about 1.5-2 hours later, i'll give him some gerber oatmeal mixed w/a pureed fruit.  then a bottle before his nap around 11ish.  then for lunch around 2, it varies.  i'll give him a small grilled cheese or a earth's best jar like chicken and sweet potatoes, etc.  some days i give him yobaby yogurt as a snack.  around 4 he has a bottle and then at 6 he has dinner which is usually chicken, turkey or lentils and a veggie.  then at 7:30 he gets his night time bottle w/some rice cereal mixed in. 

whew! 

any feedback would be appreciated.  :) thanks  :)

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
arickasmommy
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:24 PM

sounds great to me....  sound about what my dd eats ... 

but  adding in

yogurt melts and puffs and gerber lil munchies and mum mums..lol

my dd is 10 months and she likes to eat..lol

mooremom
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:29 PM

You are doing fine!

LittleLiam
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:35 PM

ok thanks!!!!!

frankiezmama
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:40 PM

unds good to me. some more snack ideas could be dry cereal, like cheerios or kix. gerber and earth's best has some good snack choices.  cream of wheat is also a good choice for breakfast. or scrambled eggs. fruit is always a good choice, and if youre worried about choking they have these little things that you put the fruit in and they can just suck on it. you can make him a smoothie with fresh or frozen fruit and blend with yogurt. 

1sttimemommy198
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:52 PM

At 10 months old our Pedi told us we could feed our son table food and we did. He started eating the smae thing we did. He quit eating bottles so often at around 11 months, he started taking only a bottle at night, in the middle of the night and for naps...but now he is 14 months old and he eats all table food, nothing else...he quit taking bottles one day, just didn't want it at all anymore. And so he eats all table food and sippys of whole milk. And for snack he has things like teddy grahams and graham crackers, cheese crackers and stuff like that....

mommyof3girls86
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:54 PM

I actually started my 3rd dd on regular food at about 9 months. She didnt like much baby food. I don't see a problem with it. It helps them adjust to regular table food..

deeders949
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:55 PM

My son to.....

Quoting 1sttimemommy198:

At 10 months old our Pedi told us we could feed our son table food and we did. He started eating the smae thing we did. He quit eating bottles so often at around 11 months, he started taking only a bottle at night, in the middle of the night and for naps...but now he is 14 months old and he eats all table food, nothing else...he quit taking bottles one day, just didn't want it at all anymore. And so he eats all table food and sippys of whole milk. And for snack he has things like teddy grahams and graham crackers, cheese crackers and stuff like that....

jbhaleyrn
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:58 PM

That's pretty much the same stuff my son ate! If your husband is worried about it, maybe you could give your baby organic food? They make pretty much everything organic, it just costs a little more.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)