Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I the only one who does this???

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:21 PM
  • 13 Replies

I went to Walmart today to pick up a few things when I got my buggy I always put my purse in the childs seat and buckle it  in through the handle on my purse so If someone tries to take my purse I'm gonna know it.   I understand some of you don't because your child is sitting there,  But people were looking at me like that was the strangest thing in the world.  I've been doing this ever since my son got to old to ride in the buggy and I have never been stared at so much as I was today!!  So I was wondering if anyone else buckles their purse up when they go in a store?

My name is Bridgette I'm a 27 year old Co-sleeping, Circumsizing, Pro-life, vaccine giving, , Public schooling, Disciplining, Kinda Momma

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jenny0123j
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:23 PM

I dont buckle it in but I do sit it in the front (if my baby's not there) and keep the strap wrapped around my hand.

aprylf2323
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:23 PM

Yeah I do it too, sometimes buckle it along side my dd lol!!

Supervane
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:24 PM

I do that

Mom2LiamNMolly
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:26 PM

I live in a town where I could leave my purse with $200 cash on top of the bananas and it would get returned without a penny stolen, lol....

But when I am in the city, I wear a purse that gover over my shoulder so no one an take it... you idea is a great one, though!!!

motherhood-quote21

Stefanie - Mommy to Liam Patrick 07/07 (IUGR) and Molly Kate 06/08 (IUGR, Pre-Natal Stroke, Developmental Delays, and Failure to Thrive) and Wife to Mark since 2/17/2006

thebestbrianne

That's funny! I would probably look at you weird too, lol. I usually keep mine in the seat, but my daughter is up there too. This may make me sound like a horrible mother, but honestly I hardly ever buckle her in either! She has a cow when I do, but when I don't she sits still, and I neve leave her side.

Join me at Non-Religious Mommies!

It's ok to be open-minded!

25beengoodtome

Bravo  Those people, rude as they were,most likely were amazed at how good an idea you had there!

zboys
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:27 PM

I put mine in the bottom of  the cart so it's closest to me.  Then I put the food around it so it's harder for someone to get to.  I'm conscientious too about someone taking it.

AmyNB
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:27 PM
I don't do that -- but what a good idea!
frankiezmama
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:29 PM

i dont do that, but it is a good idea. i just carry mine

mommatbot
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:31 PM

I keep mine on my shoulder. I usually see people buckle theirs though. I wouldn't have looked weird. Ha...I usually get a funny look because I use the cart cover for my son. I used to work retail...I know how nasty people are in public, I am not about to let my son touch those nasty handles! lol.

Twilight-Guide                          Twilight-Quotes
Twilight-Userbars

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)