Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ouch!! :(

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:44 PM
  • 10 Replies

I am 31 weeks 2 days a long...but latley ouch is all that seems to go through my head all day long....I have pressure in my crotch, if i bend over i get this sharp pain by my ribs, and my stomache also has been getting these sharp pains. No this is not labor, nothing about any of this even remotly feels like labor...at night when i try to flip from my right side to my left side, i get the sharp pain on either side of my hips....uhg...what the heck is going on?! Is this normal for 2nd or more pregnancys?!

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommymary6507
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:47 PM

notta clue, but I know I had that with my first! Here is a bump.

Sunshine201
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:49 PM

This has happened to me with all three of my pregnancies! The pressure in my crotch was unbearable! I couldnt  walk or stand for too long or I had to sit because of it. I had the same pains in my ribs....ugh... The doctor told me it was the baby sticking his feet under my rib cage... I feel for you momma....Hope you are feeling more comfortable soon.

littleluvkitty
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:50 PM

i have had three and all were different . if you are too worried you could always call the doctor.

krista778
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:51 PM

Ahh the joys of pregnancy! The pressure on your crotch I'm sure you know is your little one laying there, the sharp pain in your ribs when you bend over is him too (they don't like bending) Don't know about the stomach pains might just be gas. And your pelvic girdle has moved drastically and your hip joints have loosened a lot so they aren't sitting right causing pain. Don' worry it will be over soon! Congratulations on your little bundle of joy!

bluegirl3957
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:52 PM

Sounds like the baby trying to get comfy AND your joints adjusting for delivery of your baby.  Have you tried sleeping with a pillow between your knees?

25beengoodtome
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:52 PM

I would guess it's growing pains. Your body is  being pushed around, as your baby grows, moves , and settles in. It's less than a year that we're pregnant. Can you imagine a 2 year pregnancy - like the elephants?I'd think we'd have a LOT less babies if pregnancy was 2 years long!

cdnmom24
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:54 PM

I had it too when i was preggo. I think its because the baby is getting bigger and is occupying more space in there and putting more pressure on your hips. If it starts to hurt when you walk all the time, see a doctor then because it could mean your hips are separating.

anikahaynes1
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:57 PM

Yeah it probably is all that growing stuff happening...and its not like all the time, i guess when the baby decides to move it goes away hahah uhg, of course its when im sleeping that she has to make it most unpleasant for me....anyway, yeah that would totally suck to be pregnant for 2 years!! But i bet the baby grows a lot slower for the elephants but still 2 years!!! Yikes!!!

and to one of the pp, i have an appt on the 26th, i am not concerned really i was just seeing if anyoen else had any of the same experiances as me...but i will bring it up to my dr, i had planned on it anyway.

Quoting 25beengoodtome:

I would guess it's growing pains. Your body is  being pushed around, as your baby grows, moves , and settles in. It's less than a year that we're pregnant. Can you imagine a 2 year pregnancy - like the elephants?I'd think we'd have a LOT less babies if pregnancy was 2 years long!

anikahaynes1
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:58 PM

no thankfully its not when i am walking, the pain in my hips only happens at night, after ive been in one position for a long time, i think the baby just gets comfy and falls asleep and pushes her feet into my hips so when i try to roll over i am like squishing her thush causing my pain, does that make since?!

Quoting cdnmom24:

I had it too when i was preggo. I think its because the baby is getting bigger and is occupying more space in there and putting more pressure on your hips. If it starts to hurt when you walk all the time, see a doctor then because it could mean your hips are separating.

helen7554
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:00 PM

I COMPLETLEY KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!!! I felt the same exact things with my son who is now 4 months. I asked my OB about it and she said it was completely normal. I felt it through the 6-9 months period though and it was very painful at times. I thought that he was going to drop out it felt so low. It was because it was my 2nd preg and my muscles had been weakened from my first.You can feel a ripping feeling in your front near your hip bones when you turn it's the added front weight pulling on you muscles. The pain in the crotch where it feels like the baby's head is stuck in your pelvis is because your pelvic bones are slowly separating to get ready for delivery. They told me to try using pillows however I didn't feel it worked. I just made sure I turned very slowly. Hope all goes well for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)