Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Really sad having a weepy day

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:55 PM
  • 8 Replies

I wish somehow I could just go back in time and be a little girl playing on the beach with my siblings back in 1970 and most of all having my daddy pick me up in his arms and hugging me.  Dealing with alzheimers sucks. I made a post earlier about having a dream last night about my mom who passed away in 07 and the memories are flooding in badly today. Sometimes growing up (and old) is a little sad at times.

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mooremom
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:56 PM

Sorry to hear you are having such a hard time right now. Maybe you should spend some time with siblings/family to help.

smorekids
by 867-5309/Jenny on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:58 PM

Sorry that your having a hard time!

tammyanne
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:59 PM

I'm sorry you're having to deal with this. I know how you feel. My Dad died from Alzheimers in July after being diagnosed in 2001.  It was so hard on all of us, but especially my mom, who was his primamry caregiver.  It's such an unfair and cruel disease.

Mommy2Nikolas
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:59 PM

Aw, I'm sorry you're having a bad day..... *hugs*

toddler boy

Sarah and Tristan          Nikolas James

6/30/07                        12/22/07

greenie63
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:08 PM

(((hugs)))) momma, i really hate this disease i say that all the time.

Quoting tammyanne:

I'm sorry you're having to deal with this. I know how you feel. My Dad died from Alzheimers in July after being diagnosed in 2001.  It was so hard on all of us, but especially my mom, who was his primamry caregiver.  It's such an unfair and cruel disease.

Heartlight617
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:12 PM
Yeah, I'm living it too! So sad, because they're here while you grieve! Then I get angry and guilty with myself for getting impatient!
Carol
momof2jmms
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:13 PM

I don't know what to say except there is a brighter tomorrow. I lost my mom in Nov. of 07 and there are still bad days and good days. I just try to find joy in the small things and that sometime helps. I have this crazy picture of my granddaughter making a silly face. I remember my moms laughter when she saw it. She knew she would not live much longer she had cancer, but she kept the picture in both her living and bedroom and said she laugh everyday because of it. It is the little things that help the most sometimes, just until the the grieving gets easier. I'll let you see the picture that she enjoyed so much.  

Who knew that this would bring a dieing person so much laughter. 

MissViki
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:20 PM

hugs

I am so sorry that you're going through this right now.  I worked for an Alzheimer's/Dementia unit in an assisted living facility, and I saw how horrible the disease can be.  I am so sorry.  I hope that your family is there supporting you.  Are there any support groups in your area?  I hope you feel better soon, and that tomorrow is a better day.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.praying

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)