Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm not a happy Momma right now! *vent*

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:59 PM
  • 15 Replies

So a girl that goes to my church called a little bit ago to see if she could come over and pick up a car seat that she was going to borrow.  I'm not friends with this girl, nor do I really care for her.  But we were borrowing the car seat from someone else in the church and we no longer need it.  So the car seat was offered to this other girl (we will call her Jess).  So Jess calls and asks to come pick it up.  Not a problem.  I want the car seat outta my apt, cause we are runing out of room for things.  Well "Jess" brings her 2 year old NIGHTMARE son with her.  (we will call him Joe)  So she comes in and I hand her the car seat.  That should be it, right?!  We aren't friends, no convo is really needed.  Well yeah right,  "Joe" throws his jacket into the middle of my living room and starts parading through my 5 month old daughters toys.  Literally throwing them everywhere.  Then he runs into my 4 year old sons room and starts tearing apart the Lego house my son had worked on so hard.   And "Jess" has the nerve to say to me "I'm glad my apt isn't the only one that isn't spotless."  WHAT!?!?!  It was!!! Until you brought your son here!!!  Well I'm not happy at this point.  So "Jess"  walks over to my computer and starts surfing the net.  She wanted to show me the new things she was getting for her soon-to-be baby.  She's 18 weeks preggo with baby # 3!!!!!  So she isn't paying any attention to "Joe".  Of course, I being a responsible parent, is watching her son for her, while she is playing on the computer.  "Joe" walks up to my 5 month old and smacks her on top of her head.  She didn't cry, or even bat an eye, but I still felt that I should tell "Joe"  No thank you and I pulled him away from my daughter.  Well "Jess"  turns around and demands to know  "What happened?"   I'm furious.  She brings her child into my apt, to pick something up, doesn't keep an eye on him,  surfs my net w/o permission and doesn't scold her son for smacking my daughter.  Anyways, she gets upset at me for telling her son No and pulling him away from my daughter.   Sorry, but someone had to take over!!!  She wasn't even paying attention.   And it's not like I yanked him around, I pulled him just far enough away from my daughter so he couldn't swing again. 

So after she storms out of my apt, my 4 year old comes out of his room with a huge red mark under his eye.  I asked him how he got that and he says "Joe, hit me."  ARGHHH!!!

Was I in the wrong here?!?!  Did I do something I shouldn't have?   I think I was just acting as a caring mom would.  Am I right????

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
loralynn
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:02 PM

No you were not wrong. I would have kicked her ass.

baybbunches
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:02 PM

you were totally right.  my husband and i have to correct young kids at our church who's parents let them do whatever they want, and i dont feel bad about it.  you have a right to protect your kids.....

Lilypie Breastfeeding PicLilypie Breastfeeding Ticker
Teeshann
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:02 PM

should have said something when she got on your computer and when her son first started throwing the toys around. i'd have told her to ask her son to please pick those back up and he's not allowed in the kids room. and when she sat at the comp i'd have been rude and said. excuse me you didn't ask to use that. i don't let strangers use my computer. here is the carseat. we have errands to run so we'll see you later.

Lanie_momofone
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:03 PM

OHHH you have alot more patience than i have thats for sure!!! And no you werent in the wrong, sounds like she is very selfish and someone that doesnt take others into consideration.

monseymom
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:03 PM

I would have bodily picked her up and thrown her out.

kcrow
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:04 PM

I would of done the same thing.... plus maybe alittle more... I would of said something to her but my mom always told me that I dont know how to hold back what I'm thinking and it will get me into a little bit of trouble one day

ladysv8
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:04 PM

man, i would be sooo mad! you were not wrong for doing what you did...

melissa632
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:05 PM

Yeah...what is wrong with some people. I feel funny asking to use the bathroom the first time I go over someone's house, let alone let my kid wreck the place, hit the other kids and hopping on someone's computer without expressed permission. Geez....no wonder you're not friends with her.

Quoting loralynn:

No you were not wrong. I would have kicked her ass.

witchywomanav
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:05 PM

I think I would have gave her a piece of my mind right there. I would have bee calling her. You did what you felt was right, which IMO, was perfectly fine to do. Good job for sticking up for your baby.

25beengoodtome
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:06 PM

Aw, that Jess should teach joe to treat other people's things better. now is a good time for her to get him in the habit. She should have been teaching him manners from the time he could reach for things. The sooner you start, the deeper it sinks into their heads ~ luckily! LOL !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)