Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Problem with diapers...

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:15 PM
  • 5 Replies

So we are really strapped for cash so I decided to buy cheap diapers just to send to daycare (we usually use pampers). Now DS has a little red kind of puffy spot on the end of his penis that started the same day that we took them the new diapers. Could using these diapers be the cause? Has anyone ever had this happen? (They are dillons brand diapers if anyone knows what they are)

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Teeshann
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:17 PM

it could be the diapers. with my daughter the only ones we could use were pampers. every time i tried to use another brand she'd break out in a rash. i gave up with son and switched to cloth. sometimes you really do get what you pay for.

25beengoodtome
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:19 PM

Yes. With my two sons, there were rashes from different brands of diapers. Sometimes, my boys had worse reactions with the more expensive diapers.

MommaRose98
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:19 PM

This happened to a little boy at the daycare where I used to work. I started putting a light amount of powder and that helped a lot. I think the inside of the cheaper brands of diapers are not as soft and chap more easily.

oboe_chik
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:30 PM

Quoting MommaRose98:

This happened to a little boy at the daycare where I used to work. I started putting a light amount of powder and that helped a lot. I think the inside of the cheaper brands of diapers are not as soft and chap more easily.

Thanks for the input ive always either used pampers or huggies (whichever I had a coupon for) with him. My DD was ok with cheap diapers so thats what I used. I might just tell daycare to make sure to use powder on him to help until DH gets paid next week and we can buy better diapers then I will tell them to throw the rest away.

burch731
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:32 PM

My son used to have this happen all the time & we finally found out after many trips to the ER & Dr. (he would get severe reactions) that he was allergic to diapers & we had to switch him to cloth. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)