Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

bills, bills, bills

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:19 PM
  • 8 Replies

So we do e file for our income tax and I found out how much we will be getting back, and I was adding up everything we needed to pay off and we barely have enough money left.  I hate bills I guess we won't be going on vacation.  Is anybody else inthe same boat?

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Brooke501
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:20 PM

yup. Between rent car payments regular bills including child support and ss college, I cant remember the last time we actually went anywhere for vacation.

MomPrincessMia
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:22 PM

What's a vacation? I am 30, have a 7-month-old and have NEVER had one after working 2 jobs to buy MY (pre-husband) house!

25beengoodtome
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:22 PM

We haven't been able to afford a vacation for over 12 years! We consider being home, free of responsibilities and appointments as our vacation.

Ms.Mommy125
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:23 PM

ohh yeah I am paying off my car and credit card and then maybe I will have enough left for a candy bar or something...maybe next year I will be able to spend it on something fun.

mommy.gif proud mom image by dianacadena1423

MommaRose98
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:23 PM

I feel your pain. My husband invested in duplex apt buildings then rehabbed and put them up for sale. By the time he got them finished the bottom dropped out of the market. We have been treading water for over a year. I hate that every single cent we get goes to paying bills, no leisure happening here. Hopefully things will get better for all of us.

jeskaM
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:24 PM

yep..after we pay off all our bills, we might just have enough to go to McDonalds for a nice, romantic dinner.

algmomma
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:28 PM

I understand.  We got out of debt 2 yrs ago and used Income tax to help with that and then last year we bought our first house so we used it to re-do our kitchen and stuff so this year will be the first year we will get to save it.  But props to you for being responsible and paying off bills instead of blowing it, its the best feeling to not owe anyone, better then a vacation...I promise!!

Proud Army wife and Mother to by 2 beautiful babies!!   in loveboy n girl

jazzyandpat
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:36 PM

yep we are in the same boat.after paying off bills we have to get another car because hubby todal our other one. im stocking up on food because right know we are hitting very hard times. putting some back because dh is beening laid off in march for a week or so. so we wont have none left eather

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)