Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ok, ladies, help me figure this one out....

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:26 PM
  • 15 Replies

My DS is two and a half, and completely potty trained for #1. He almost never has accidents, even at night, and doesn't ever wear diapers. BUT, for the life of me, I can not get him to poop in the potty! He will go in his underwear every time and then tell me he pooped and needs clean pants! Sometimes, he pees in the potty, then stands up and poops on the floor!

I have tried letting him sit in it for a few minutes, which he thinks is yucky, but he just does it again anyway. I bought him some candy that he really wants and told him he only gets it when he poops in the potty. No luck. He has Thomas underwear, and I even told him not to poop on Thomas b/c it will make him sad. But he just says, "Mom, Thomas sad. I pooped." Then he tells Thomas sorry. lmao.

I am getting really frustrated. Anyone gone through this or have ideas for me? Any suggestions would be great! Thanks Mommas!

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Babylove135
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:28 PM

I can't think of anything other than what you have tried.  He will stop one day!  Here's a bump for you!!  Good luck!!!

witchywomanav
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:29 PM

Bump so I can read the advice too lol.

milmiracle
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:30 PM

I went through that w/ my first son.  The only thing I can say is we are not the boss of that, they r. 

Lindsay21488
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:30 PM

Landon was the easiest kid to potty train ever ( I lucked out) but I gave you a bump because I know how frustrating it could be. I am going to watch the post because I am curious for what people say :)

God bless, Lindsay

Lindsay Riden:::: I am 20, taking online college classes, an army wife with a husband deployed to Iraq, mommy to two kids, who loves to talk and make new friends!

VerucaSallt
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:32 PM

If you google "potty training boys, won't poop in the potty" you'll find oodles of moms asking the same thing with some great answers.

HuntersMomee
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:32 PM

ive tried every bit of what you have.... but none of it worked.....

hell one time he actually pooped ON the potty we took him to the store and got him this really cool noisy truck he loved and then NOTHING EVER AGAIN!!!!!!

our new baby is either going to be Keira Lynn or Ean River                

jennymitchell
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:33 PM

My oldest DD had this problem.  It just took time, I guess, because we tried everything else we could think of, too.  When she'd have an accident, we'd take her in the bathroom and drop the poopy in the toilet and actually kind of rinse the panties in the potty so she could see where it was supposed to go.  Then we'd clean her up.  Eventually she got it.  My mantra was always "She won't be pooping her pants when she's 20.  She'll get it eventually."

lovinmommiehood
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:35 PM

Quoting HuntersMomee:

ive tried every bit of what you have.... but none of it worked.....

hell one time he actually pooped ON the potty we took him to the store and got him this really cool noisy truck he loved and then NOTHING EVER AGAIN!!!!!!

Wow. Lol, I thought if I could just get him to do once....but maybe not. :) His name is Hunter too, BTW. Thanks for the bumps ladies

Becky.Mom.of.2
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:48 PM

Quoting witchywomanav:

Bump so I can read the advice too lol.

Shylie
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:51 PM

LOL I used to tell my daughter she would have to wash her own undies if she kept doing that. She did, and I made her... and she had a BLAST washing her own undies. Yeah, that backfired.

I dunno lol, don't call it potty, call it sinking battleships or something so it will be more fun. =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)