Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugh

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:42 PM
  • 4 Replies

So my best friend and I have both had pretty crappy past relationships. (our most reccent anyways) and she's just now started dating a guy who's currently stationed in Iraq. I'm SO happy for her, I really am. But now thats all she's talking about, and it's depressing me! I'm putting on a smile for her, but idk! I just told that guy I liked (for YEARS) that I liked him, and well.. it doesn't feel any different. He's totally not feeling me (or he's hidding it real well. He said he knew I've liked him, and he puts up a wall. I told him I'd break it down, but idk.. it's confusing)

Blah. I think I'm going to ignore her texts for a while. I'm feeling a bit down in the dumps.

And the commercial just reminded me that valentines is coming..even better!

Poo

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
kmyree2207
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:48 PM

you wil meet someone when you least expect it!!!  just give it time and enjoy the time you are having being single!!  i know how it goes you always wants what is on the other side of the fence.  is your friends bf going to still be in iraq during valentines?  if so i know it sounds mean but she will be alone on that day too so maybe you can go out and do something just have rules like not talking about her bf.

If anyone ever needs advice on relationships like marriage, friends, family, or thinking about divorce or you are divorced and need help with your es husband?.....join this new group!!!

www.cafemom.com/group/need_advice
Shylie
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:48 PM

Ugh is right, nothing like an ecstatic best friend to depress you when you're not in the same position. I can tell you're happy for her but I don't blame you for staying out of it for a bit. It'll happen, no worries!

Mimislove
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:49 PM

Hon, if she's your best friend.....be honest with her. Tell her you are happy for her.....but aren't in a place where that's all you want to hear about. If she is that good of a friend, she will completely understand and find other things to talk about.

And yes, Valentines Day is coming, and from the looks of your pic, you have an adorable little Valentine to spend it with.

If men were the end all, we would all have one glued to us from birth.....but they are not. Chin up, you'll never find 'the one' with your head down. Sometimes not looking, IS the answer.

Lovebugbaby
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:52 PM

Aww thanks ladies!

I'm actually thrilled to spend v-day with my daughter. I have sooo much planned for her. It's just..it would be nice to have a valentine..well a guy. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)