Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stimulus Checks????????????

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:47 PM
  • 20 Replies

Are we supose to get another Stimulus check this year?

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TBrown34450
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:48 PM

bump

19 Years YOUNG, Co-sleeping, Selective Vaxing, Extended Rear Facing, Anti CIO, Bottle And Breast Feeder, Ear Piercer, Mommy To A Beautiful Baby Girl.

kabbima

I heard we were supposed to get like a 1000 dollar one, but that was a while ago so I don't know if it is still going to happen.  Sorry not much help

algmomma

Bump...Dont know, but I hope so!

baly2001
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:49 PM

I have no clue

ktwister
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:49 PM

The last I heard was the Stimulus would be a cut in taxes taken out of your paychecks, which would of course make your paychecks higher.

But maybe I'm wrong???

crzybtful4_u
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:50 PM

I heard this too.

Quoting ktwister:

The last I heard was the Stimulus would be a cut in taxes taken out of your paychecks, which would of course make your paychecks higher.

But maybe I'm wrong???

((*Steph--momma to Elijah,Brayden and Hannah

A group for mommas of the Fox Cities!

shanesmomma

I heard on MSNBC that instead of a stimulus check; we will be receiving tax cuts, which would make our refunds a higher amount.

gjcarr003

I heard that they are just going to cut taxes that come out of our paychecks every pay, but that it's also supposed to be retroactive back to 2007, so not sure if all that money will be sent in a check or not.

Babylove135

IDK but I did hear on the news they are talking about giving everyone 18 and older a $3,000 credit card.  You won't be able to pay bills with it - you have to use it in a store which boosts sales and opens jobs back up.  They said it would cost the same as the bank bailout.  I don't know if it will happen just something I heard...

mommyandthree
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:52 PM

Wow, that would be nice...forced to shop, that is my dream!

Quoting Babylove135:

IDK but I did hear on the news they are talking about giving everyone 18 and older a $3,000 credit card.  You won't be able to pay bills with it - you have to use it in a store which boosts sales and opens jobs back up.  They said it would cost the same as the bank bailout.  I don't know if it will happen just something I heard...

HEFFA-26.png image by jodell80   

baby girlbaseballgirl on a swingpregnant belly

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)