Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child Support Question

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:55 PM
  • 4 Replies

Ok mommies I have a question my sons father owes me child support which I know that I will never get it but here's my  question he has to go to court tommrow because child support has issued a warrant be he is also on probation for something else so with this warrant and already being on probation could he possiable face more than the two days in jail that they said that they were going to give him. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Mommy 2 Kaelen Xizaiver and expecting#2 August 2009pregnant belly

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
kmyree2207
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:59 PM

i dont really know but i do have a question.....do you really care how many days he gets in jail? if so why?

baly2001
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:02 PM

In Texas the noncustodial parent can spend up to 6mths in jail. If he does not pay then why worry about him going to jail. Either way he seems like a loser.

motherof208
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:07 PM

They give the guys multiple chances to pay.  If this is his first time going to court for not paying, there is a chance they will just make him do some job thing to help him find a job.  That is what happened with my ex.  Otherwise, everytime they go to court for not paying the time in jail goes up.  The first time my ex was in for a day before someone bailed him out, the next time was a week to 10 days.  Right now there is a bench warrent out for him and he will probably spend a couple weeks to a month.  That is without probation.  So I guess, it all depends on the judge.  Just hope he doesn't get lenient one like my ex started out with.

AandCsmomBrandy
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:09 PM

yes depending what he is on probation for he could be imprisoned for the rest of his probation sentence. I understand your concern, if he's in jail then he is not working and you won't ever see any support. some states pay so much per day to child support while the person is imprisoned. good luck!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)