Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you been approached by a scam artist in walmart?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:56 PM
  • 12 Replies

Poll

Question: Have you ever been approached by a scam artist in walmart or any other store?

Options:

Yes, and i blew them off.

Yes, and I gave them my info! Stupid me!

No, I never heard of that.

No, but I have seen them in stores

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 38

View Results

Ok first things first: what I did was really stupid and I didnt freakin relize it until I walked off. Ok , so I was in walmart and this guy comes up to me. He comments on my son and how cute he is. Then he asks me if I stay home with my kids. I said yes. He then asked what my hubby did. I told him. He then asked what company he worked at. I then told him. He asked if I was interested in looking foer a job. I said not right now but in july or august I was going to start looking. He said that his family started a company and were starting to expand.I said ok. and he was like so If I can have your name and number we can give you a call. I said ok and gave him my first name only and my number. I feel so stupid and worried! Im so worried about my kids sake. I am a worry wort and my hubby says hes just a scam artist whos going to sell my name and number to other company's and they will keep calling me. If thats the case, whatever, im ok with that. I can always change my number. Im just scared hes some kind of psycho that is somehow going to find where I live and harm my family. Had this happened to anyone else!? If so please tell me what happened!

gmorlett07.gif picture by Morlett_2008

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kristyann40
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:59 PM

This has never happened to me before. I don't know what to tell you except be extra cautious in the future.

adamjackie
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:00 PM

Quoting kristyann40:

This has never happened to me before. I don't know what to tell you except be extra cautious in the future.

gmorlett07
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:01 PM

It has never happened to me before either. One day at target though some girl was there and she just starting chattong with us. Then she asked us if we were interested in buying something.

Quoting kristyann40:

gmorlett07.gif picture by Morlett_2008

mom_2_3crzyboys
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:01 PM

sorry never happened to me but heres a bump for ya...and i personally would never give my name and phone number to a total stranger especially in wal mart

SylviaNCali
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:02 PM

No that has never happened to me too. But I do hope that next time this happens to you. Maybe get their info instead. If they're legit they'd be more than happy to give you their details instead. I hope that you and the kids stay safe.

Susanjdv861
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:03 PM

i have never had that happen at walmart. but several times i have been in target where some girl will approach me and ask me if i looking for a job saying her company is hiring. i always tell them no and walk away. i just found it odd that someone would approach someone like that offering a job.

dannysgirl77
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:04 PM

Oh honey, try not to worry too much. He is probably one of those god awful work at home companies who have to recruit people...like Primerica  or something.

SuperMommy-3
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:04 PM

No, but if you are really worried just call your phone company and have them unlist your address.  So that if they do a search on your phone number your address will not show up.  Make sure you tell them you want it fully private though, for info & web searches.  Most companies do this for free.

My opinion is that your hubby is right but better safe than sorry.

aaea
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:06 PM

I was just going to say...Primerica.

My hubby was with them for a few months and they scout out stores looking for potential leads.

pinkblackandblu
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:08 PM

yea i seen them and talked to them one guy followed me and my son around the store and i got in the back of the store and like right in the middle and i was acting like i didnt hear him so i had enough of it and yelled help he tryed to take my son and right there were workers and took him out of the store told him to never come back and one girl said i seen the whole thing he never tryed to take your kid and she goes i would have done the same thing i mean com on he followed me in the store around the store and in the back of the store i got sick of him following me so i yelled got rid of him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)