Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Green irritations

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:57 PM
  • 0 Replies

What irritates you about America's biggest craze, "Going green?"  I hate that the people promoting it aren't always the best at conserving.  Who really needs more than one house?  Or new outfits to wear to every event?  This seems extremely wasteful to me.  Also, the new Brita ad.  It's touting all of the benefits of using a Brita pitcher instead of bottled water because there's no waste.  Um, yeah, there is.  Those pitchers take filters and those puppies don't last forever.  Also, the pitchers break.  Do they magically disappear?  No, they get thrown away.  The truly green thing to do is drink tap water.  Yes tap water!  We are such hypocrites in this country.  We have safe tap water, in almost all places, but it's not good enough for us.  Nope, we have to filter it and then tell others they are bad people because they drink bottled water.  Jeez.  Sorry, this has just REALLY been bugging me.  One last thing and I'm done.  Why does it have to cost so much to be more enviornmentally healthy?  If you want me to buy your enviornmentally friendly cleaning product, don't make it cost 3x's as much as the regular.  I think we should take care of our planet, we're only borrowing it after all, but we've gone a little loco in our approach!

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)