Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just don't get it.

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:57 PM
  • 24 Replies

Poll

Question: Does my daughter look like a boy??

Options:

Yes

No

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 63

View Results

Okies, I have a quick question because every time I take my three girls out to the store, dinner or anywhere basically. Everyone thinks that my middle child is a boy, really even if she is dress head to toe in pink. Once even after church a woman came up to me and told me that it was so wrong to put a boy in a dress. I was shocked, I mean come on do you really think that I would put a boy in girlie outfit. She is three years old, and yes she loves to wear jeans and a tshirt but it usually has a cute saying on it and if it doesn't then I put her hair in ponytails. She has really curly hair and she did a self hair cut, so she has bangs, and my other two don't.

Well I guess when my hubby took her to walmart today, and a guy wanted to kick his butt; the guy was pissed that a little boy had polish on his nails. My hubby tired to explain to him that she was a little girl, and not a boy. Why do people think that my daughter is a boy, yes maybe a tom-boy but she is a girl. I just don't get it.

Here are some pictures:

This is what she wore to walmart today with hubby also had the same hair do.

Here is one when she is wearing her pink coat... going to preschool.

She doesn't have her hair in pony tails. But that is a girlie shirt too me.
So what do you think does she look like a boy??

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
geminig3
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:00 PM

Sorry hon, but she sorta does look boyish.  I think it's the hair.  No matter though, people shouldn't talk crap. 

My youngest son looks like a girl..he's got long curly blonde hair.  People are always saying what a cute girl.  So I know what you're feeling.

MOM22QTS
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:00 PM

honestly, i think its the haircut..

I mean she does look a little bit like a boy, adorable, nonetheless, but i think if you let her bangs grow out a bit more, then she would look more girlie..

some people are just dense though, i use to dress my daughter up in all pinks, headbands, earrings, pink carseat  and they would still ask me if she was a girl or a boy...

mooremom
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:01 PM

I think she does look a little like a boy, but dressed in pink should be a dead giveaway that she isn't. She is a cutie and will grow out of it.

geistans
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:02 PM

Thanks I wanted honest answers. That is what I think no one she talk crap, I try polite to them that she is a girl.

Quoting geminig3:

Sorry hon, but she sorta does look boyish.  I think it's the hair.  No matter though, people shouldn't talk crap. 

My youngest son looks like a girl..he's got long curly blonde hair.  People are always saying what a cute girl.  So I know what you're feeling.

SugarMama99200
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:03 PM

In the first pic not so much but she kinda does in the last ones. No offense though mama. Like the PP said i think its the hair cut though. Everyone thought my DS looked like a girl when he was younger though so I know how u feel.

EsmeVincent
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:05 PM

to me no she doesn't look like a boy BUT some people are just stupid, my mom tells me that people use to come up to her when I was a baby and ask 'whats his name?' and my mom would always reply 'HER name is Amy' Even tho I would be dressed in a pink dress with pigtails they would always confuse me with a boy....some people are just stupid

geistans
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:05 PM

She did a self hair cut, so it is still growing out, just not as fast as I like. That is why I thought dressing her in pink would help but it doesn't; seems to get many people pissed at me. that is weird I know, but it happens all the time.

Quoting MOM22QTS:

honestly, i think its the haircut..

I mean she does look a little bit like a boy, adorable, nonetheless, but i think if you let her bangs grow out a bit more, then she would look more girlie..

some people are just dense though, i use to dress my daughter up in all pinks, headbands, earrings, pink carseat  and they would still ask me if she was a girl or a boy...

skinnyminnie121
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:07 PM

I looked at your slideshow and your daughter looks like a GIRL!

marina069
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:08 PM

not in the first one, in the others yeah a little, and i also think it's the haircut, but she is ADORABLE and pink should definitely be a give away, also why in the hell people think they have the right to say things like that i do not understand, shut up and mind your own business, again, she is a cutie pie and don't let stupid people upset you

Lauri, mommy to 2 princesses

geistans
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:08 PM

that is why I dress her in pink and have a pink coat to help people to understand that she is a girl, but sometimes it doesn't help.

Quoting mooremom:

I think she does look a little like a boy, but dressed in pink should be a dead giveaway that she isn't. She is a cutie and will grow out of it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)