Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When your child was an infant...

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:59 PM
  • 61 Replies

Ok I am sick as heck right now! I feel like I am DYING, I have a very sore throat, I can barely breathe, I have coughed so hard I got sick. So my 4mo DD is with her Meme, some ppl are like "you should take care of your child even if you're sick". Ok first of all I DO NOT want my DD to get sick I feel miserable SEVERELY miserable & I do not want her to feel this! WHen your child was an infant did you send them to stay with family if you were really sick? I understand if you are not single & your DH/SO helped, but I am single

Love has no limitations!

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chiamom123
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:01 PM
i live with my parents so i couldn't send him to them but my mom did help whenever she was off work and i tried not to be around him as much as possible.
Lovebugbaby

If I could have, I would have. When your sick you have no choice. I mean, honest to goodness BLEEEHHHHHH sick.

Don't listen to them hun

AmberDR

I definitely let my mom watch dd when i was super sick.

jonathans_mom

if i were that sick and there was someone capable of watching my child i most definatly would let them.

theskillfactor

Even with DH here we sent our son to grandma's. I didn't want him to catch what I had.

mamakas2
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:02 PM

There was no family nearby to send them to. Even if they were close, my parents would more than likely NOT want me to bring them there because they are always worrying about getting sick themselves. And they go by the thinking of : " we raised ours, now it's your time to raise yours". So I have been alone with my kids through ALL my illnesses of the past 10 years. DH has been working a lot, and I worked until 4 years ago. In fact, I had a SPLITTING headache this morning, and it was the first time in 10 years that I was able to lie down unbothered by a child when I had a headache. (my youngest just) started preschool) How do you get through it? You just adapt somehow. It's just part of motherhood.

aidensmommy1105
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:03 PM

I stayed with my parents the first few months after my ds was born, so they helped a little when I was sick, but I had to do it mostly myself. Now that we live in our own apt and I have him when I am sick, which SUCKS!! I wouldn't feel bad though, if my parents were willing to take him when I was sick, I would def do it.

p.s. i am single also.

kcrow
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:03 PM

if I get really sick my mom takes my DD from me so she doesnt get whatever I have...

SylviaNCali
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:04 PM

So far I haven't gotten really sick, but if I did get sick I would probably just have my DH take off and try to stay away from the kids, or if I had to I would just not make as much contact with my kids and try to keep my hands and things I touch clean.

Mom2LiamNMolly
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:05 PM

No... because one... by the time you actually get sick, the contagous period is usually over... so if they are gonna get they will already have the germs in them... and two, sick or not my kids are my responsibility. The ONLY time Liam didn't stay with me was when I was having my C/S with Molly and I picked him up on the way home from the hospital!

motherhood-quote21

Stefanie - Mommy to Liam Patrick 07/07 (IUGR) and Molly Kate 06/08 (IUGR, Pre-Natal Stroke, Developmental Delays, and Failure to Thrive) and Wife to Mark since 2/17/2006

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)