Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?!?!? ***UPDATE***

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:02 PM
  • 30 Replies

Ok ladies, I need some help figuring out what this is on my DD's cheek. Yesterday she had a small red spot on her cheek. I didn't think too much of it, I thought maybe she just bumped it. Well she stayed the night with SO's mom and dad last night and when I picked her up this morning this is what I saw:

Sorry the pic is crooked, I turned it, but I guess it didn't work...ANYWAY's, her cheek isn't swollen, she just has "apples" as my sis calls them, lol.....But see how red it is? There's no bump or sore, but she says it is sore to touch it......My sis said maybe it's wind burnt from playing outside, but why isn't the other side red too? I thought maybe staph, but since there isn't a blister or sore on it I thought maybe not.....Anyone have any advice on what it could be?

OH! SO said his mom had a red spot on her shoulder just like it. She went to the dr. and the dr. gave her some cream. The dr said it wasn't staph or poison ivy or poison oak, but she didn't know what it was......

Well, I'm pretty sure it was just wind burnt because above her top lip like all across her top lip looks the same. So last night I put some neosporin on her cheek and top lip, and I checked her while she was sleeping, and it looks SOO much better. She woke up at about 3:00 this morning wanting a drink, and I said "your cheek looks better sis!" and she said "My lip feels better too."

Thank you ladies for all you help and suggestions!

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vangel34
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:04 PM

Maybe eczema?

alabamamommy

heres a bump

baybbunches

dont know......sorry....bump for ya though

Lilypie Breastfeeding PicLilypie Breastfeeding Ticker
mooremom
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:05 PM

idk, but here is a bump

theskillfactor

I have no clue. BUMP

seasnakesc

bump

SugarMama99200

Thats what I was thnking too

Quoting vangel34:

Maybe eczema?

StrBryBlonde
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:06 PM

eczema? try hydrocortizone, it will help if that is what it is.

Bertsmommy

IDK sorry. but bein gthat I am super paranoid I would take my son to the doctor right away if he had something like that

The two loves of my life, my son and my fiance

Ann7227

A spider bite ???

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)