Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mesh Feeders A love hate relationship

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:08 PM
  • 2 Replies

does anyone just looooove the mesh baby feeders?

I know my lo does. I just put a tiny bit of a fresh banana in it and he goes to town. But cleaning them is a painin the asssss. anyone have tips on good ways to wash these? i rinse them out immediately after he uses thembut sometimes it takes alot of effort to get the fruit out of it.

this was his first time with the feeder and banana he was sooooo happy lol

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
sllytnkrbl
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:11 PM

I find that harder fruits, like apples and pears work out better in the feeders but either way here's how I used to clean them.    Take a bowl with the hottest water you can get and just put the feeder in it with a tiny bit of dish washing liquid -  let it sit till the water is cool enough that you don't get burned, place your finger inside the feeder for support and scrub with a soft toothbrush.   Then rinse in clean water.   It's the only way I could get all the food out.

Leni - Wife, Mom and NASCAR Fan

jenniamigo
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:16 PM

i didnt think about using harder fruits in it, thats a good idea. It's time to introduce something new thi week anyway. i will probably try pears next. thx for the cleaning tip to. i will give that a shot. the dishwasher doesnt do much for them and i've had to throw a couple out because i  couldnt get all of the gunk out

Quoting sllytnkrbl:

I find that harder fruits, like apples and pears work out better in the feeders but either way here's how I used to clean them.    Take a bowl with the hottest water you can get and just put the feeder in it with a tiny bit of dish washing liquid -  let it sit till the water is cool enough that you don't get burned, place your finger inside the feeder for support and scrub with a soft toothbrush.   Then rinse in clean water.   It's the only way I could get all the food out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)