Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NEED HELP anyone who had had or been told they have had an ectopic...(UPDATE)

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:17 PM
  • 18 Replies

My sister found out sunday she is pregnant...well we went to the dr. today and the dr sent her for an ultrasound to determine how far she is cuz we have no idea cuz her period wasen't normal last month.

Well the tech (who was a major ass ! wouldent' let me or my bil in the room while he did it) can not find anything in the uterus. he found a cyst on her ovary and somewhere in there he found fluid (didn't specify where) and pretty much led us to believe that more then likely this pregnancy is ectopic. But he can't say for sure and that her hcg levels in her blood work she had done will determine alot.

I feel so bad for her.She cried all the way home. She got pregnant a few yrs ago and that one ended in a miscarriage.

When I looked online it said that if her levels come back high then it concurs with an ectopic however if they come back low it could still be ectopic but that their is still the chance of it being inuterine and just being too small for the ultrasound to pick up.

Please I am begging if anyone has any info that could be helpful it would be aprriciated and all the prayers we could get right now also

thank you to anyone who responds or takes the time to read this. Will update tmrw when we find anything out.

Okay her dr. just called and she talked to the radioligist first thing this morning... her hcg levels are only measuring between 2 and 3 weeks.(yay) the radioligist said the fluid is  around the cyst meaning the cyst ruptured but it's only fluid so it's nothing to worry about it will just be uncomfortable. There sending her back monday for more blood test to measure her hcg levels and make sure they continue to rise. if they drop it will mean that she probably miscarried (she has had no bleeding or cramping though) and her dr thinks that unless something changes between now and monday that her pregnancy is just fine. It's just too early to detect.

On a side note , thank you for all the support! Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers that everything goes okay.

Yes this is my cat !

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aidensmommy1105
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:19 PM

bump..sorry i don't know anything about it. hope everythign turns out ok. let us know.

athenax3
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:23 PM

GET ANOTHER SPECIAL SONOGRAM!! I've had an eptopic that burst and I nearly died. but miracle of miracles I got pregnant again about two years later- I though this was another eptopic, the docs did a sonogram and couldn't find the baby, we were prepared to lose another child, but they called in another sonogram tech with an internal (eww I know, but you do what you have to) wand and she found my baby, tucked waaaay up high! She's three now and I adore her (though she is a whopping pain!lol) please tell your sis to not give up yet, have another sonogram ASAP, even if it is eptopic they need to take care of her right away, if it bursts it could be life threatening!

3earthangels
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:29 PM

How early do they think she is (or how early does she think she might be?)? I was 9 weeks along when I found out. My HCG levels were normal for that gestation, but I was having severe pain. The ultrasound clearly showed a baby in the middle 2/3's of my tube.

I've heard that it is hard to see a pregnancy before 5 weeks clearly by sonogram. And in my experience in this, I had an ultrasound at 5 1/2 weeks, they told me my LO didn't show a heartbeat but it's ok at that point in the pregnancy not to be able to find one. And the "yolk sac" was what the tech found, not the fetus (IDK, I think she was a bit on the duh side of things.) A repeat u/s showed a heartbeat at 7 weeks.

I hope everything goes well with your sister!

Are you, a family member, or a friend going through the immigration process? Need information, want support, or just want to learn more about it? Join my group www.cafemom.com/group/theimmigrationprocess to share your story, find helpful information, and people who are going through just what you are.

rhpudgey3

Quoting athenax3:

GET ANOTHER SPECIAL SONOGRAM!! I've had an eptopic that burst and I nearly died. but miracle of miracles I got pregnant again about two years later- I though this was another eptopic, the docs did a sonogram and couldn't find the baby, we were prepared to lose another child, but they called in another sonogram tech with an internal (eww I know, but you do what you have to) wand and she found my baby, tucked waaaay up high! She's three now and I adore her (though she is a whopping pain!lol) please tell your sis to not give up yet, have another sonogram ASAP, even if it is eptopic they need to take care of her right away, if it bursts it could be life threatening!

he did a vaginal also and there was nothing in the uterus.... and I seriously dislike the guy...they woulden't let us in the room and then told my sister by herself! I am seriously writing a letter to that imaging place. cuz me and my bil were sitting in the waiting rm and he knew the situation and told her without us there so she had no support....
I guess I just need encouragment... I just want her to have a healthy pregnancy and baby she wants it so much. I mean they can be wrong ..... right?

Yes this is my cat !

my3wormies

yes if it is ectopic she needs to have it taken care of immediately!!on the other hand when i was preg with my 2nd dd they couldn't find her on the us even the internal one they thought it was an ectopic too..well it turned out she was tiny and the next us showed her little body flailing around ..shes now a healthy 2 yr old !!gl

Quoting athenax3:

mommieof4girlz
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:31 PM

not too long ago...a mom here was told she was going to have ectopic and miscarry.  sent home to wait for more testing.  two weeks later went to her drs to have a checkup to see what was going on...well all her levels when way up and she is currently 32 weeks pregnant.  i forget her screename though.  she had a journal posted.  sometimes miracles happen,  you know it could with your sister.

BabyKsMom
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:31 PM

bump

my3wormies
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:33 PM

yes it is possible ..like i said with my 2nd dd she didn't even show up on the internal us..i know how she is feeling but I'm proof it can be OK my levels went up i was like 5 weeks they said thats why she didn't show up even on the internal..

Quoting rhpudgey3:

Quoting athenax3:

he did a vaginal also and there was nothing in the uterus.... and I seriously dislike the guy...they woulden't let us in the room and then told my sister by herself! I am seriously writing a letter to that imaging place. cuz me and my bil were sitting in the waiting rm and he knew the situation and told her without us there so she had no support....
I guess I just need encouragment... I just want her to have a healthy pregnancy and baby she wants it so much. I mean they can be wrong ..... right?

Foxynanna
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:40 PM

I do wish her all the best and good luck. I hope everything turns out all right.

Many years ago, I had an ectopic pregnancy and it did burst and I almost died.  She needs to find out soon as possible. Just for her safety.

Just be there for her and take her to a different doctor.
Best wishes to you all.

hugs

Foxynanna  Angels and fairies

rhpudgey3
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:48 PM

I just want this to work out for her.... she  wants this baby sooo much... and honestly she took the test a week early she's not even due to start until thursday

Yes this is my cat !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)