Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

changing my name

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:28 PM
  • 3 Replies

does anyone know if there r any papers or forms i can print out ON LINE to change my name so im not spending all day in the social security office or DMV??

a web site anything!

i have a 3 yr old an a new born. i dont have time to spend all my days at those places. an a def hell to the no to taking them.lol

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
rphmommy08
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:29 PM

oh dear. i just did this yesterday. no you cant do that online. you have to go into the office. in order to change your name on your license you need to go to the driver license office and show them stuff and theyll probly have you retake a little quiz on the computer.  as far as on your social security card you need to go to the office and bring you stuff with you. they need to see if and they dont accept photo copies of everything(originals only) i have a baby too and the ss office is the WORST thing on the planet and they told me i could mail in my stuff. well since october id been trying to get it done but they kept saying they needed something. so finally after the 3rd time( i mailed in everyting) they still didnt do it. i got an appt for yesterday and when i got there they didnt have my stuff and told me i had to go get new originals and to come back. with an appt its quick(i only waited about 5 min) but then i had to come back and i had to wait and i waited for 45 minutes which is a miracle. usually you can wait for 2 -3 hours.when i got there at 12:15 they were people that were there waiting and when i left at 2:30 they were STILL there. and even though i didnt have to wait too long i still didnt take my son. its so difficult dragging them to that kind of stuff. so if i were you, i would call and make appts for both so you dont have to wait as long. and get a sitter for the kids if possible. good luck. oh and make SURE you have exactly what they need.

SugarMama99200
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:31 PM

here is a bump for you mama. i just got there right when the office opened so that I didnt have to wait in line. it didnt take very long.

carmensmamma
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:02 PM

blast! there is never an easy way out when it comes to important stuff. oh weel. THANX! ill def make them appointments then.

Quoting rphmommy08:

oh dear. i just did this yesterday. no you cant do that online. you have to go into the office. in order to change your name on your license you need to go to the driver license office and show them stuff and theyll probly have you retake a little quiz on the computer.  as far as on your social security card you need to go to the office and bring you stuff with you. they need to see if and they dont accept photo copies of everything(originals only) i have a baby too and the ss office is the WORST thing on the planet and they told me i could mail in my stuff. well since october id been trying to get it done but they kept saying they needed something. so finally after the 3rd time( i mailed in everyting) they still didnt do it. i got an appt for yesterday and when i got there they didnt have my stuff and told me i had to go get new originals and to come back. with an appt its quick(i only waited about 5 min) but then i had to come back and i had to wait and i waited for 45 minutes which is a miracle. usually you can wait for 2 -3 hours.when i got there at 12:15 they were people that were there waiting and when i left at 2:30 they were STILL there. and even though i didnt have to wait too long i still didnt take my son. its so difficult dragging them to that kind of stuff. so if i were you, i would call and make appts for both so you dont have to wait as long. and get a sitter for the kids if possible. good luck. oh and make SURE you have exactly what they need.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)