Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OH mom drowns kids because of the "voices"...

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:31 PM
  • 30 Replies

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/14258492/detail.html?rss=nn5&psp=news

Videos also available on link.  WOW!  SO SAD!

Bond Set At $2M For Mom Accused Of Drowning Kids

POSTED: 8:52 am EDT October 3, 2007
UPDATED: 12:55 pm EDT October 3, 2007

CLEVELAND -- A mother accused of drowning her two daughters appeared in court Wednesday morning and bond was set at $2 million.

Amber Hill is charged with two counts of aggravated murder.

Hill wept in court Wednesday when a prosecutor noted the severity of the crimes and the ages of the children in asking for the highest possible bond.

She wore a black jail overall made out of paper that is issued to inmates on suicide watch. Judge Lauren Moore suggested Hill receive medical and psychological treatment after she is sent from the city jail to the county jail Wednesday.

Hill was represented by public defender Kathy Demetz, who told the judge that Hill has no prior criminal record, is a student and is in medical and psychiatric need.

The girls' father, Jamie Cintron, was the one who discovered the bodies of 2-year-old Cesess and 4-year-old Jannelle in the bathroom of the Woodland Avenue home they shared with the girls' mother, 22-year-old Amber Hill.

Cintron talked to NewsChannel5 on Tuesday. He said Hill had seemed depressed in the past couple of weeks and even spoke of suicide, but he said he had no idea his children were in danger until he got a call from Hill while he was at work.

"I got on the phone and it's her, and I was like, 'What's wrong, baby?' She said, 'I don't know how to feel anymore.' And I'm just like, 'Why? What's wrong? What's wrong?' She said the girls are resting in peace. She just hung up after that," Cintron said.

From the moment he got that phone call, Cintron feared the worst.

He rushed home to find his girlfriend but there was no sign of their two daughters.

"I got in the house. She was just sitting on the couch, just like a zombie, just sitting there. And she was looking right in my eyes, and I could tell. I couldn't hear the girls, and she just kept shaking her head, and she wasn't crying or nothing," Cintron said. "I was asking her where the girls are, she's like, 'You don't want to see them,' and I was just screaming, 'Why, where are they, where are they? Just tell me where the girls are."

He said Hill told him they were in the bathroom.
psychic test, psychic development and psychic readings
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamakas2
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:34 PM

Very sad that this mother must have had no one close enough to her to see any signs before it came to this.

YoungUrban
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:35 PM

That is so sad.

lvnmylif
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:38 PM

It amazes me how people simply ignore mental illness then are completely shocked when something bad happens.  If it was known that she was suicidal and severely depressed why didn't anyone extend a hand out to her in help.  Wow it just amazes me what people will ignore so they don't have to deal with it.

thekadysjr
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:38 PM

That is so sad it gave me chills. I feel very sorry for the father. The mom was probably suffering from PPD I wish she would of gotten help,

Rest in peace little angels.

TinaNichole
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:41 PM

OMG so sad. It's too bad she couldn't have been helped for her depression before it came to that. PPD is SUCH a serious issue!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
KRISSH
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:41 PM

I KNOW HOW SHE FEALS,....MY VOICES SAY THE SAME ..I,M JUST TO LAZY TO DO IT ..LOL...SORRY ...THAT IS VERRY SAD..

hickory
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:46 PM

Sorry - but that was horribly low class.  This tragedy is not to be made fun of.

Quoting KRISSH:

I KNOW HOW SHE FEALS,....MY VOICES SAY THE SAME ..I,M JUST TO LAZY TO DO IT ..LOL...SORRY ...THAT IS VERRY SAD..

21noahsmama21
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:48 PM

OMG that poor father.  That's just heartbreaking. 

Callie-bishop
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:49 PM

That's so sad. sound like she had postpartum Psychosis.

saralouise
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:49 PM

Quoting KRISSH:

you are disgusting

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)