Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

IS IT WRONG

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:01 PM
  • 6 Replies

All day and all night hubby was outside yesterday playing cards with his friends..Until around 11:30, I asked him yesterday to watch the kids so I could come to the computer and email my sister and stuff for 30 minutes, I go back home and he is outside playing again, with the kids just shut in the house, granted he was just outside and the window was open but they are 2 and 3, they shouldnt be left alone in the house ya know, so when he comes in I tell him thats unacceptable, if hes watching the kids he needs to be watching them not playing with his friends, well today, he has been outside with his friends all day, with me and the kids in the house going stir crazy, so I asked him when he came back from taking his friend somewhere, if he would take us to the park, just to get out of the house, and he said yea. but when he came back he just stayed outside, didnt bother asking if we needed anything or if we still wanted to go, AM I WRONG for being so upset that he seems to spend 24-7 with his fucking friends, As most of yall know Im really thinking about packing up and going back home, but how hard is it to spend some time with your family, especially when you have NO job ya know,Im really tired of only having a husband on Sunday, he spends Sunday with us and takes us places, and shit but is it wrong to want a husband more than one day aweek., some help would greatly be appreciated before I go home and smack him...

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Mrszxcop3land
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:03 PM

i'd be pissed too.. have you talked to him and told him about it ?

i just want the love of my life back. is that too much to ask ?!

ErikaM27

yeah he's wrong he needs to give you time. I'd be pissed too and leaving the kids unsupervised is not right. I understand giving the dh some time to spend with his friends etc but to not be considerate is different. Honestly I'd probably take the kids out to the park and not wait for him.

Profile Comments
Mom2LiamNMolly

How old is your husband? He sounds rather immature to me!

And YES... you have EVERY right to want more than 1 day a week as a family.

motherhood-quote21

Stefanie - Mommy to Liam Patrick 07/07 (IUGR) and Molly Kate 06/08 (IUGR, Pre-Natal Stroke, Developmental Delays, and Failure to Thrive) and Wife to Mark since 2/17/2006

Tarra30
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:04 PM

i would be mad also, but can't u get in the car and take the kids to the park with out him?

The love of my life, my boyskite

MamaBurger
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:05 PM

You're not wrong. Hell, I got mad at DH the other day (it was a Saturday, I think) when he spent an HOUR outside with one of his friends while I stayed in the house and took care of the kids. The thing is, he works all week, so the weekend belongs to our oldest son and it gives me a little break to just hang out with the baby (or he takes the baby and I get to have one on one time with Jackson), so I expect him to follow through with that. He's an adult now and his family should be his priority.

TinaCollins1987
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:10 PM

Yea he is young and immature he is only 24 but Im only 21, and we have 3 kids to think about, Im not  the evil witch who says oh you can never see your friends, but I think a couple hours a day should suffice, but no its an all day everyday thing with them.. Yea we have talked about this 100000 times he says he will change but he doesnt.. And I could take the kids alone but my daughter is 3 my son 2 and my lil girl is 8 months, I cant watch the little one and run after the other 2 all alone, and I cant leave the little one with him cause he never watches them when he is suppose to be watching them, they are in the house alone ya know.. IM ready to explode I cant take this having him around 1 day a week, Our kids shouldnt be stuck in the house 24-7 I cant just take them outside the house cause all the guys next door are always outside smoking weed, and I dont want the kids around it.. But Im at my wits end, I dont know what else to do besides kill him,..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)