Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so it is def happening

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:07 PM
  • 5 Replies

I went to walmart today and got a good test. (2 days ago i took the cheapest one they had). YEP, I am def pregnant. Now, I need alot of advice. My son is 19 months, but I feel like I forgot alot of stuff. What foods am I supposed to avoid now? Also, can u give me advice for being pregnant with a toddler? Also, what about once the baby is born, any pointers? I know this is random questions, but I need all the advice I can get. Also, what about money saving ideas and tips. We need to buy a new car and house.

Thanks mommas

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jmoehle
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:10 PM

well i got pg with my 2nd when my daughter was 3 yrs old and  my due date was suppose to be her bday we ened up having our 2nd DD two weeks prior to 1st DD bday, its deff tuff at first because the oldest didnt understand y the baby was getting all the attion. but after a few weeks she started helping us by getting diapers for us and helping us feed the new baby Just make sure you make time for the oldest it will help out

Starlenegirl
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:12 PM

My main advice would be to get as much rest as you can, while you only have one.  When my youngest was born, he was up all night, while my oldest was up all day.  I didn't sleep that whole first year! 

Also, I was always told to limit caffeine, and stay away from sport fish like tuna, swordfish, etc.  They contain high amounts of mercury. 

Do enjoy your pregnancy.  It goes fast.  I wish I would have embraced mine more.  And enjoy your new precious baby.  Congratulations!!!!

lilmama22806
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:15 PM

Congratulations! It is difficult but make sure that you get everything ready as early as you can because if you're anything like me all you'll want to do is die in  your last few weeks. lol just kidding. Yes, your little man will be old enough to understand things by then so try and put him to work. I do this with my son, he gets the diapers for me, gives the baby toys everything helps you know?! You will be fine don't worry. Just like with me, everything came back to me naturally!

miss_nevin
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:18 PM

second one is always different, i had a 12 month old when my baby was born, he had a hard time still does with passing now of toys ect.. at this age its hard for them to understand.. and being pregnant with a small kid deffently is hard, though they will be close which also is great.. anyways just remember to spent time with the oldest even though the baby when it gets here will need you all the time take special time for just the oldest..

sxylilmom
by Supergirl on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:17 PM

BUMP

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)