Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding question?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:27 PM
  • 5 Replies

I had no supply problems and then my DS and I got thrush..so during the course of treatment that is still going on I don't seem to be filling him up..he wants to nurse constantly and fusses and pulls away form the breast screaming until I put him on the other one and he does the same on the other side after a few mins...Ohhh I forgot to add that when I try to express milk I can't get any to come out after he has nursed and I don't feel engorged at all..

So I guess my question is how did you know that your supply was not enough?

Lilypie Kids birthday TickerLilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday TickerLilypie Breastfeeding Ticker
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MissiHampt
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:30 PM

He's not getting enough if you see less wet diapers.  It might not be a supply issue at all, he might just be going through a growth spurt.  My son wanted to nurse almost constantly when he had them.  Just feed him often, this will help increase your supply and keep him more full.

1sttimemommy327
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:33 PM

exactly what she said.  My dd was the same way just put your feet up and plan on doing nothing but BF all day long.  eventually after a day or two or maybe three everything should get back to normal. 

Quoting MissiHampt:

He's not getting enough if you see less wet diapers.  It might not be a supply issue at all, he might just be going through a growth spurt.  My son wanted to nurse almost constantly when he had them.  Just feed him often, this will help increase your supply and keep him more full.

tes1proudmomma
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:33 PM

Thanks..I forgot to add at the top that when I try to express milk when he is throwing the fits i can't get any out either and don't ever feel engorged always feel empty.

Quoting MissiHampt:

tes1proudmomma
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:36 PM

I hope so, I'm hoping I can make it through, feels like my nipple is going to fall off since we are still getting over Thrush...so I'm still really sore!

Quoting 1sttimemommy327:

exactly what she said.  My dd was the same way just put your feet up and plan on doing nothing but BF all day long.  eventually after a day or two or maybe three everything should get back to normal. 

Quoting MissiHampt:

CafeMom Admin
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:54 PM

wave

Hi
tes1proudmomma,

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms
Infant/Baby Groups
Breastfeeding Groups

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom. You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

-> The CafeMom Admin Team

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)