Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I know its not DRAMA but please help me!!!!???? Update on page 2 reply 12

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:33 PM
  • 18 Replies

OK i am on BC pills. I just started a little under 3 weeks ago. I know it is normal to miss a period, but i want to test to be on the safe side. How long should i wait to test?? I am thinking of testing friday, but i want to try and get the most accurate reading, cause i am one of those better safe than sorry type of people. Any advice or suggestions would help. BTW IF YOU ARE HERE TO BASH PLEASE DONT!!!!

Juggalette Mommy

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissiHampt
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:35 PM

How long after your last period did you start taking them?  Usually they are either day 1 start or the first sunday after your period start.  Knowing when you started taking them and when your last period was will help you figure out when you should test.

BIMOM21
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:49 PM

I started December 17th. I started taking the pills on the 2nd or 3rd of January, so I have no clue how to calculate when i should test.

Quoting MissiHampt:

How long after your last period did you start taking them? Usually they are either day 1 start or the first sunday after your period start. Knowing when you started taking them and when your last period was will help you figure out when you should test.

Juggalette Mommy

BIMOM21
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:10 PM
bump

Juggalette Mommy

lbdm2002
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:12 PM

Hmm..not sure on that one.  Is there a reason you didn't start your pills immediately after your period?  Typically that's when you are supposed to start BC pills, so that you can track your period and make sure you're on your "sugar" pills during your period.  If your last period was Dec 17th, then yeah, you probabyl should have started by now.  I'd go ahead and test.  Use FMU, though..it's most potent (first morning's urine)

oboe_chik
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:13 PM

Why did you wait so long to start taking them? You should have waited until you started again to take them. You might be preggo you might not but I would go off of when you are supposed to start your period according to the pills because the pills will cause your period to be delayed.

Quoting BIMOM21:

I started December 17th. I started taking the pills on the 2nd or 3rd of January, so I have no clue how to calculate when i should test.

Quoting MissiHampt:

How long after your last period did you start taking them? Usually they are either day 1 start or the first sunday after your period start. Knowing when you started taking them and when your last period was will help you figure out when you should test.

BIMOM21
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:16 PM

I didnt start taking them when i started because i had not been put on BC yet. My doc and the pharmacist told me to start taking them as soon as i got them filled, which was on the 2nd or 3rd.

Quoting oboe_chik:

Why did you wait so long to start taking them? You should have waited until you started again to take them. You might be preggo you might not but I would go off of when you are supposed to start your period according to the pills because the pills will cause your period to be delayed.

Quoting BIMOM21:

Quoting MissiHampt:

Juggalette Mommy

BIMOM21
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:23 PM
bump

Juggalette Mommy

dusky_rose
by Sue on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:25 PM

bump!

mooremom
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:26 PM

buy the test and take it in the morning before you pee the first time

my5
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:26 PM

You should be able to test now, but the BC pills could of thrown your body off track resulting in no period.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)