Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone know a narcissist?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:45 PM
  • 13 Replies

Do any of you know anyone with this disease? If so, who are they to you? How do you cope? Are they in any kind of relationship? Kinda desperate for any kind of help. Thank you.

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ziggy.Stardust
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:46 PM

i used to know someone that i suspect is but we are no longer friends.. here is a bump

katykay
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:05 PM

yes, my father is a narcissist.  How do I cope?  I have to set very clear boundaries of what I will accept in my life and what I won't and when he crosses that boundaries I have to take time away from him.  They can really suck the life out of people if you let them and do it without an ounce of true regret or remorse. 

No, my father is no in a relationship because he is so out of control in his mental illness he is impossible to be with. 

flowerpetal
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:40 PM

My husband is a narcissist.  i cope by hiding in my bedroom when he comes home in one of his moods.  i have done research and the symptoms of that is almost idintical to bipolar which I have.  We clash on almost every subject.  He is now getting into a relationship with a girl in Florida, we live in Illinois so he gets to go see her every couple of months.

shmorris56
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:42 PM

I think way too highly of myself to be a narcissist!

EclecticBroad
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:43 PM

Narcissism tends to have a 'spectrum' like Autism.  (NOT comparing the two)  It's all about seeing them as who they are...six year olds trapped in adult bodies. 

My Father is a huge one, my Mother has a lot of painful tendencies, and neither treat me decent or respect boundaries.  In fact, they act as if how dare erect those boundaries. 

What do I do?  I stay the hell away from them.

Sirenabella
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:45 PM

My ex is a narcissist. I tried to work with him but well you'll notice he is my ex.

katykay
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:47 PM

I'm confused you are staying married to him and he has a girlfriend that he is going to visit every few months? 

Quoting flowerpetal:

My husband is a narcissist.  i cope by hiding in my bedroom when he comes home in one of his moods.  i have done research and the symptoms of that is almost idintical to bipolar which I have.  We clash on almost every subject.  He is now getting into a relationship with a girl in Florida, we live in Illinois so he gets to go see her every couple of months.

Brooke501
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:48 PM

Quoting flowerpetal:

I am confused.

beautifulinlove
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:51 PM
I don't know anyone with this issue. But i will give you a bump.
camsmommie1015
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:52 PM

My sons grandmother is{{my ex's mom}}.. She is married.. but life is soooo hard for her!! I always got along with her.. but had to keep in mind the difficulties she has to face everyday!!!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)