Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

symptoms of what?!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:46 PM
  • 7 Replies

about a week ago my DD started having diarrhea and was vomiting twice a day. She still has diarrhea at LEAST that many times a day, sometimes as many as 8 but the vomiting has stopped! The diarrhea would almost instantly irritate her skin to the point that blisters were forming. Tonight DH and I noticed a rash developing on her cheeks and she also has a slight barking cough that we just started noticing today. I can't think of anything new that she has eaten. Is is possible she is developing an allergy to something that she's been eating for a year and hasn't bothered her? Or do you think ti is something completely different. I don't know. I was just wondering if anyone has experienced this with their LO or someone who might have an idea what is wrong?

I am calling her doctor tomarrow. So please nobody jump down my throat about calling her pedi. I am going to do that in the morning.

I did a search of the signs and symptoms and couldn't find anything......

Proud vaxing, breastfeeding, disposable diapering, attachment parenting, non-medicated natural birthing, child-led weaning, SAHM of 2, a boy and a girl. 

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
DONNADO
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:50 PM

SICK FOR THAT LONG TAKE HER TO THE DRS .... THE COUGH SOUNDS LIKE  CROUP AND  SHE MOST LIKLEY HAS A VIRUS OR SOME INFECTION AND  NEEDS TO  BE SEEN  EIGHT DAYS IS TO LONG

DONNA
thebestbrianne
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:53 PM

It sounds like a virus.I'm glad you're going to the doctor! Make sure she stays hydrated.

Join me at Non-Religious Mommies!

It's ok to be open-minded!

alee77
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:57 PM

Has she had any peanut butter lately?   I know everyone has been recalling peanut butter lately bc it is making some people sick???  Other than that i do not know...sorry

Kimberly924
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:03 PM

i dont know if it helps but there have been HUGE stomach flus going around all over the country. a ton down in nc and my daughter was just hit with one last week we live in New york. She had some vomiting but then heavy diahrea for a week straight, every hour she had liquid. She too develped a terrible rash, vasoline was my life savor, coat their butt with it and then it played as a barrier to the poop and helped it heal and keep from getting worse... keep giving her pedialite as much as possible thats whati was told. My daughter had the same symptoms but no coughing, maybe it isnt related. Im sorry shes going through this, its so hard for a mommy. Good luck at the drs, sometimes it just has to run its course, my daughter seems to catch this every yr.

TashaG
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:07 PM

if it's a vius there is nothing the pedi can give her, she'll just need to get over it. I feel like a bad mom for letting it go on this long, but usually things just pass if you give them enough time. this doesn't seem to be going away though. and even though we don't really have the money for even the co-pay right now, I am still going to bring her to the dr.

no peanut butter either. my sister is allergic so we won't be trying it until she is 3 or 4. She almost 17 months old now.'

spunkymomof3
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:10 PM

We have been dealing with the same thing, and I called my pedi and she said just to push fluids.  We had the rash from the poop hitting his skin it was no fun.  We still have some loose stools but the diaper rash is pretty much gone. 

My ds has ecezma and it is in super flare mode right now.  I hope your dd gets better soon. All of this crap going around is no fun. 

I am a three time c-sections having, extended breasfeeding, used to be  cosleeping, part time cloth diapering and gdiaper using, baby wearing, vaxing (some delayed)  proud air force wife and stay at home mom to three kiddos!

TashaG
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:17 PM

the rash is on her cheeks and belly too, not just the diaper area.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)