Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why can't people shut their fat mouths?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:48 PM
  • 11 Replies

Ok, so I really didn't want to leave the house today, but for the sake of my daughter I did. She is 16 months and doesn't do well shut in all day. It has been sprinkling, so we went for a little shopping trip. We went to Once Upon a Child and Old Navy. Of course it was hot inside so we took off our coats. We put on our coats, drove across the parking lot to Marshall's and found a great parking space. Now, I parked about 10 feet from the door, about 4 feet from the overhang. The rain had stopped and it's 60 degrees outside, so I figured we'll just take our coats off now so I don't have t ocarry them around inside. So I am wearing shortsleaves, my daughter is in a short sleeved dress, thinck tights and sneakers, and as I walk toward the store holding her we pass a couple of women and one has the nerve to walk past me (Sienna says hi and they ignore her completely, whatever) and one chick goes "no jacket or anything and it's cold and raining" WTF? It wasn't raining and 60 degrees is not cold, if we were walking more than 10 feet I would have put her coat on. She was perfectly comfortable and it did end up being hot in the store. She waited til she was past me and said it just loud enough that I could hear, so I of course say "it's not freakin cold" on my way in the door. Ugh! Why can't people just shut the hell up and mind their own business? It's not like I walked across the whole parking lot, or like she didn't have anything under her dress! I know, I am overreacting, but it really pissed me off.

Join me at Non-Religious Mommies!

It's ok to be open-minded!

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
A.J.s_mommy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:51 PM

I know it is easier said than done, but just brush it off.  There will always be people who have something to say about other people.  Where i live...60 degrees is pretty warm.

MikeysMom51108
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:53 PM

Ugh...I hate it when people try to tell me what I "need" to be doing with my child!!

When my son was only a couple months old, we went to my cousin's graduation party. It was in the end of July. It was in a big, open yard and the only shield from the sun was this canopy they had set up. Well, everyone under the canopy was smoking, so instead of having my son around all that smoke, I set up a chair in the yard. I had myself positioned so that I was blocking most of the sun, and I had sunscreen on my son (doctor said it was okay at that age). Anyway, this older guy comes over and starts talking about how I should go under the canopy so that my son wouldn't get burnt. I told him that my son had sunscreen on and I didn't want him under the canopy inhaling cigarette smoke, and that I was blocking most of the sun anyway. He walks away mumbling about "babies having babies". I'm 22 years old....fairly young, but certainly not a baby--and smart enough to know that a little sun is far better than lots of cigarette smoke!

You just gotta ignore people.

jessnbbysazera
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:55 PM

that kind of stuff pisses me off ! i dont understand why people just dont keep their mouths shut its absolutly none of there business. i have a very good friend who some times i want to say something to but i dont i just let her take care of her baby and i take care of mine but when she proceeded to try and take my 4 month old threw the yard in the 40 degree weather in the rain into a shop where people were welding you best believe i spoke my mind; i wish i could speak my mind like that when people try to judge my parenting!

CariO.
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:55 PM

Irritating.  People are just rude.

SylviaNCali
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:58 PM

Wow 60 would be really cold to me, but I guess it depends on where you live. Sometimes people make comments and that is life. I know i'ts not always right, but it is their right so all we can do is just move on and ignore them. You know the truth and that is all that really matters.

kayleejade03
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:01 PM

I soooo know momma!!

It is your child and unless you are risking her life or doing something totally wrong then know one has the right to sit there and give you hell for what you think is right!! People have done really mean things to me too!! I went into rent-a-center one day and I parked my car right infront of the door and I ran in to pay a bill quick (my car was in full view!) I left it on because it was chilly out (also my car does not need to keep a key in the ignition to keep running) so I locked my car and had my keys and my daughter was fast asleep and someone called the cops on me and said the car was off and I was neglecting my baby!!! I was soo fucking mad!! I was no even gone for three minnutes!! People are horrible, they think they are the best and they are doing rite but the funny thing is that the real horri ble people are getting away with this shit and we get taunted for something that does not affect our children!!  Im sorry momma and I understand!! Keep your head up and know there will always be someone that trys to fuck things up!!

hugs

Chloes Mommy & Pregnant with Addison!!

toddler girl                  pregnant belly

andrea_smkns
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:02 PM

Yeah people are rude and stupid, they don't realize kids can get hot too. Like I will see people at the mall pushing there baby in a stroller with a warm pants on, a sweater, a jacket, thick socks and shoes and there screaming there lungs off and I seriously want to say Uh maybe there too hot! Your indoors where there's lots of people and the heats on! But I dont say anything because Its none of my business lol

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

lilmomma4
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:03 PM

I learned to just ignore people.I always get comments and remarks about how many kids I have.(I have 5) or because I look younger than I am people make comments about me being sooo young with kids. I'm freaking 30yrs old! Who cares how many kids I have? And not to mention all the comments of not being married. The first kids are my ex's duh. I know it's irritating when people make comments about your parenting especially if they don't even know your situation, but it's not going to stop probably...so I just give them the "I don't care, what you think look" and go about my way.

www.myspace.com/lilmisstink78

A.J.s_mommy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:03 PM

haha we wear shorts at 60degrees!

Quoting SylviaNCali:

Wow 60 would be really cold to me, but I guess it depends on where you live. Sometimes people make comments and that is life. I know i'ts not always right, but it is their right so all we can do is just move on and ignore them. You know the truth and that is all that really matters.

averiensmommy07
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:04 PM

because we dont want to

bwahahahahaha

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)