Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spare bedroom/ storage room. Any ideas? Help plz

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:51 PM
  • 8 Replies

I have a spare bedroom in our rent house. It is the same size as my sons room (for those of you who saw that post awhile back) It has two closets. I have not touched this room at all. I have no furniture for it. The only thing I have in there is some boxes which need to be put in the closets. Does anybody have any ideas of what I can do with this room? I was thinking of getting a futon for it. I have no hobbies that need a room, my son doesn't need a playroom, and I have an office area in the living room. All ideas are appreciated. Some pics would help too! Thanks.

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
briana_paige
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:34 PM

bump

RmeWifey01
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:36 PM

Ummm, a sports room for hubby? A small living room in case you have some GF's over to play games or something? Or just a plain ole' spare bedroom for guests to sleep in.

petersgal
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:38 PM

lol just the first thought I had... since you don't need it for something with purpose :) lol can you make a fun "box fort room"?

I saw that you have boxes... could you and your DS get some finger/hand paint, and paint the boxes when empty, then build forts out of them?  That was one of my fav things to do as a kid.  Plus you can always take them down and build new and different forts when one gets boring

I know it's crazy.  If I think of anything else I will post

briana_paige
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:42 PM

I thought about getting a futon to put in there that way it could double as a guest room and another living area. I just don't know what kind of furniture to get or anything

Quoting RmeWifey01:

Ummm, a sports room for hubby? A small living room in case you have some GF's over to play games or something? Or just a plain ole' spare bedroom for guests to sleep in.

briana_paige
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:43 PM

That is such a cool idea! The only thing is that he is so weird and doesn't like fingerpaint or markers. When it gets on his hands, he has a fit and wants to go take a bath lol

Quoting petersgal:

lol just the first thought I had... since you don't need it for something with purpose :) lol can you make a fun "box fort room"?

I saw that you have boxes... could you and your DS get some finger/hand paint, and paint the boxes when empty, then build forts out of them?  That was one of my fav things to do as a kid.  Plus you can always take them down and build new and different forts when one gets boring

I know it's crazy.  If I think of anything else I will post

SilverOcean84
by Cindy on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:52 PM

my hubby took our spare bedroom and put a 9ft slate pool table in it and bar stools and a stereo. Its a room just to hang out in and stay in and drink with friends when the little one is asleep

KRISSH
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:56 PM

MABIE A READING ROOM.....WTH BOOK AND COMFEY CHARS, BED ,BEAN BAG CHAR EXT. MABIE CRAFT CORNER...

WISH I HAD A EXTRA ROOM...MY DD WONTS HER OWN ROOM...

briana_paige
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:17 PM

I thought about doing that actually! Thanks

Quoting KRISSH:

MABIE A READING ROOM.....WTH BOOK AND COMFEY CHARS, BED ,BEAN BAG CHAR EXT. MABIE CRAFT CORNER...

WISH I HAD A EXTRA ROOM...MY DD WONTS HER OWN ROOM...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)