Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A very shocking fact

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:29 PM
  • 36 Replies

Now I don't live in a bad area at all and I know that stuff can happen whereever you are, but I think the courts are really setting up bad situations. I am already strict about my kids going outside around the neighborhood. I need to know what house they are going to be at or in, they have to check in every half hour at least by either coming home or calling. I have parents names and phone numbers and they all have mine. The thing is though that my bf was looking up sex offenders in our area and we have 2 within a block of our house. Now, there are a ton and I mean a lot of kids in this area.  I asked why would they let them move in an area with so many kids. My bf said because they have rights even though they have restricitons like they can't pass out Halloween candy. I was like I think kids should have a right to have a place to play free of people who are not guaranteed to not go around trying hurt them. Of course I told my kids to watch out for bad people and not to go into anyone's car or house without checking with me or my bf first even if the person says they know us or whatever. But, still, I really don't think these kinds of people should even be allowed out of jail, but if so....they should make sure the areas are not full of kids. It just is sickening. Oh, and there are also 5 people convicted of raping women around here too, which makes me feel uncomfortable. Glad my bf is a cop, but he's not always here.

www.myspace.com/lilmisstink78

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommerbean
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:34 PM

OH you know why, because that piece of S**T has "rights" too. 

As always they are more worried about the criminal than the victims!  There is no justice in our judicial system, the ACLU has made it a pussy puppet court, so afraid to be sued  they give the A-hole with the biggest MOUTH and most lawyers their way and screw the law abiding citizen and little children's safety.  It's Pitiful!

Just keep an eye on them and the minute they mess up call the cops!

allensavannahs
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:34 PM

that sucks for sure. I have lived in areas like that as well and it is shocking ... but "they " have "rights" to improve their lives. apparently they have been rehabilitated .... OK....

here is another shocker. apparently a female heroin/crack addict with AIDS can have as many babies as she wants... there is no mandate on birth control like meriana, or and IUD, or that one that implants into your arm I forget what that one is called last for 3-5 years or somthing like that or even tubaligation... nope they can keep having babies, passing AIDS on to them ETC hows that for messed up??

boy n girlexpecting boy

I'm a Mother, Wife , Friend. Granddaughter, Neice, Aunt , Nerd, but most of all i'm ME.

psychic test results

BabyMommy_3
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:41 PM

When I was a child the house right behind me was inhabited by a sex offender. My mom never let us go out and play in the woods behind our house, and she had to know where we were going and when we'd be back. She'd watch us go to friends' houses and everything. This man wasn't just a sex offender, he was a child rapist. My mom was informed that he raped little boys and girls around the age of 5 or 6.

I don't think they should be around any kids period, although I never heard of anything happening to any of the children in our neighborhood. We were all too afraid to go his way.

I don't know of any sex offenders living around here, although I am thinking that I should check. It hadn't crossed my mind until now.

deanslady
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:42 PM

we made flyers and hung them up around our neighborhood about sex offenders that lived near us.dont know if it is illegal but you could find out and let every person with kids know where they are. just to be safe.

Cakelover_5
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:42 PM

I have a friend who is on the sex offenders registry. He was put on there because he had sex with a 15 year old, he is 27. This 15 year old had a fake ID and told him she was 21. That is messed up. I think that they need to really look at what is going on and put the blame on the lying girls too.I agree that the real offenders should not be around children but you also need to get the whole story before you judge the person. I have done research on the sex offenders around my home and I know which ones to avoid and which ones were just stupid guys doing stupid things.

rphmommy08
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:44 PM

i dont care who says that criminals and rapists and molestors have rights and deserrve to live normally or that they are "rehabilitated", they should NEVER be able to be out of jail and living in neighborhoods. i would be worried for anyone of any age. those people are sick and horrible and should pay for what they did. they dont deserve rights. they take away the rights of those that they hurt so why the hell do they deserve any.

SweetAngel0401
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:44 PM

i have about 4 sex offenders in my neighborhood & we have a ton of kids here. & there is one that lives on 1 street but we dont know exactly what house because he isnt registered there, he has another house ina nother town that he is registered at. Because he doesnt live in this house full time he doesnt have to register. TALK ABOUT CRAP!

Oh & there was this man who had like 10 children with a bunch of different women & didnt pay child support for any of them . There was a judge that ordered him not to have any more children or he will go to jail for a long time! They need to do that to these other types of ppl too.

Quoting allensavannahs:

that sucks for sure. I have lived in areas like that as well and it is shocking ... but "they " have "rights" to improve their lives. apparently they have been rehabilitated .... OK....

here is another shocker. apparently a female heroin/crack addict with AIDS can have as many babies as she wants... there is no mandate on birth control like meriana, or and IUD, or that one that implants into your arm I forget what that one is called last for 3-5 years or somthing like that or even tubaligation... nope they can keep having babies, passing AIDS on to them ETC hows that for messed up??

shmorris56
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:45 PM

I went on the website too.  It turns out my MIL's neighborhood has more pedophiles, but my neighborhood wins for more rapists.  I just think you have to teach your kids safety, watch them and pray really hard.  Good luck!!

3earthangels
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:45 PM

They do have restrictions like not living within 1000 yrdsof a school, 500 yrds of a park, mandatory check-ins with probation/parole, and refiling every year or so. (The distance from the schools & parks varies by state & local areas.). Also when they move the immediate neighborhood is supposed to be notified (maybe you moved in after they did.). Not saying it's right, and I do agree that they should at least be given their own little electric fenced & gated community to live in permanently, but it's the law. They are "rehabilitated" in prison.

Are you, a family member, or a friend going through the immigration process? Need information, want support, or just want to learn more about it? Join my group www.cafemom.com/group/theimmigrationprocess to share your story, find helpful information, and people who are going through just what you are.

Sirenabella
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:51 PM

I know it is hard to live with but the government can't go to every neighborhood and monitor how many children live there before deciding if each sex offender/molester/rapist will be allowed to move in. Also, children come and go. Neighborhoods change. They have laws in effect about schools and parks. It isn't like they are going to set up sex offender only neighborhoods. Believe me I would love to get rid of all of them or put tattoos on their foreheads but unfortunately that just isn't the way it works.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)