Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FREAKING OUT!!!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:42 PM
  • 6 Replies

Ok...a little background. I have been coughing for 3 week's and my voice has been hoarse for 4 week's. Well...just in the last 3 day's I have been exhausted...I mean really tired. So..I go to our local urgent care and they weigh me when I go back to be looked at by the doctor. He weighed me at 205. Now...I know that sound's like alot!! But...I normally weigh anywhere from 231-238. I weigh less before my cycle and more during. I know Iam overweight! I have had 5 children in the last 10 year's. Iam also very tall...6ft 1in! So...I guess I just  carry my weight well?!! Anywho...I almost started crying when he said 205. Iam thinking...how in the heck did I lose 30 pound's in the last 3 week's? I just weighed myself at my parent's 3 week's ago with their digital scale and I was 237...during my cycle!! So...the doctor come's in and start's asking my symptom's. I tell him everything and he think's because Iam hypothyroid that that's the reason I might be tired and having dizzy spell's? He said I need to have my level's checked. OK...but why have had I lost 30 lb's in a matter of week's? No explanation really from him? So...I leave with really no answer's? I cry all the way home. I stop at my parent's to weigh myself. GUESS WHAT?? I weighed my normal 237??!! I started bawling!! I was so happy!! My mom said what is wrong? I told her the whole situation and she look's at me kinda funny? She said.."I would be happy if I lost that much weight"!! I was thinking there was something seriously wrong with me?? So....to make myself feel even better I go and buy a scale and weigh myself here at home. Once again....237. So...my question is...does it sound like the urgent care's scale's are really off? Or should I still be concerned?? Sorry this was so long!! Thank's!!

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Brooke501
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:45 PM

Sounds like the scale at the docs is off. Have your clothes gotten a lot looser on you? If you lost 30 pounds you would deff. need some new clothes

ilovemyson2002
by mom of 2 boys on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:46 PM

the scale are off none of them are right

shmorris56
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:48 PM

The scale at the Dr.'s office is bad.  You're ok.

dusky_rose
by Sue on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:52 PM

I wouldn't worry about the weight thing, it sounds like the doctor's scale was off.

mirandapoo
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:52 PM

Quoting shmorris56:

The scale at the Dr.'s office is bad.  You're ok.

THANKYOU...THANKYOU!! I know I sound really crazy!! I do have trouble with anxiety but I thought this time I was in my right mind?!! I don't look like I have lost weight? I don't feel like it either and Iam eating like a horse?!!! My husband even said I look fine. My dad said that if I lost 30 pound's in 3 week's...I would look like it and be really sick? I don't feel sick...just really tired? Time for me to get a regular doctor and get my thyroid leve's checked?!! Thanks again!!

mirandapoo
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:54 PM

Quoting Brooke501:

Sounds like the scale at the docs is off. Have your clothes gotten a lot looser on you? If you lost 30 pounds you would deff. need some new clothes

No...my clothe's fit the same! I wear a belt with my jean's and it was on the same notch tonight? Just weird that their scale was off by 30 pound's?? Once again...I feel fine...just really tired? iam guessing it's my thyroid?? I'll let you ladie's know? Thanks so very much!! Iam going to go eat!! I got myself all worked up fo rno reason and could'nt eat earlier!! Now...Iam hungry!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)