Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cling-On Daughter (PIOG)

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:57 PM
  • 2 Replies

Ok ladies there's the deal: My 11month old DD is rediculously clingy!  I can't pee or poo or eat without her trying to get UP!  She only wants me to hold her and I can't get anything done.  It's even affecting her sleep.  She is waking up a lot and only wants to sleep in my arms.  I am a SAHM so she is very used to me being around all the time, but I can't keep doing this.  She is wearing me down to nothing.  What should I do?? I know I am not the only mama that has gone thru this or that is currently dealing with this matter.  Please give some advice!!! Thanks All!!

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
mama2jarednrae
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:59 PM

Well I need to follow this one....my 8 month is sitting right here w/ me....as with everything else i do...

UCMamaMandy
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:02 PM

I would give her the attention she wants.  If you intentionally pull away from her/ignore her/etc., she's gonna try harder to get close to you, and it will backfire.  Giving her some extra attention will show her you're there for her when she needs you, and eventually the clingy-ness will wear off some.

~Mandy~
Freebirthing, cloth-diapering, anti-vaxing, co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem breastfeeding, loving mama and wife!

girl on a swing                             breastfeeding                          in love
DD1 Hazel 06/02/06       DD2 Lucy 07/24/08       DH Sawn 07/21/06

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)