Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

spit up aahh....

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:20 PM
  • 8 Replies

okay so my dd is almost 4 mo. old and spits up sooo much.. she doesn't even get upset when she does it she just spits up. I don't understand. and don't know how to make her stop...   i burp her and everything and feed her with level 2 nipples tried level 2 didn't work out so well.. I am going to the doctor tomorrow bc I htink she has a cold she coughs in the morning and sneezes alot but she has been doing this spittin gup thing for a LOOONG time it got better for a while and then got worse again.... 

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Geminiashes
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:24 PM

may be acid reflux, my son has it.  he's on zantac syrup but it doesn't do much. i also put cereal in his bottle (instructed by doctor) to thicken it to keep it down better. at least he's not thaaaat bad.  some babies have it so bad they dont gain weight

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

familygal
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:26 PM

My DD is 3 1/2 mo. old and she does the same thing. I am going to ask the doctor about it to at her check up. I think that she does it to often and it's way to much. The thing is she is gaining weight. She weighed 5 lbs 4 oz and now weighs 12.5 lbs. Let me know what your docotors say. Oh I even tried the special formula from Enfamile that helps spit up but it did nothing.

lillitigator88
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:28 PM

me too my dd is huge and eats normally but spits up all the time. I going to rip my hair out......   aaaahhhh. it drives me crazy she is CONSTANTLy in a bib...

Quoting familygal:

My DD is 3 1/2 mo. old and she does the same thing. I am going to ask the doctor about it to at her check up. I think that she does it to often and it's way to much. The thing is she is gaining weight. She weighed 5 lbs 4 oz and now weighs 12.5 lbs. Let me know what your docotors say. Oh I even tried the special formula from Enfamile that helps spit up but it did nothing.

mommy_moore23
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:28 PM

My DD was one of the ones that spit up so much she couldn't gain weight.  Now she's a little chunker, but she was drastically losing weight when I brought her home from the hospital.  They had to put my DD on a special formula called Alimentum.  It helped a bit with the puking.  She was also on Zantac syrup, but it didn't do much but make me feel like I was doing something to help her!  She spit up a ton after EVERY bottle.  Good luck, I hope your pedi can figure out what's going on.

Tired of being ignored??  Come join us at the post killahs!!  You will always get a response on your forums!! big smile mini

http://www.cafemom.com/group/97050

mommy_moore23
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:30 PM

It will get better!!  She will grow out of it.  Sometimes there's nothing the pedi can do!! 

Quoting lillitigator88:

me too my dd is huge and eats normally but spits up all the time. I going to rip my hair out......   aaaahhhh. it drives me crazy she is CONSTANTLy in a bib...

Quoting familygal:

Tired of being ignored??  Come join us at the post killahs!!  You will always get a response on your forums!! big smile mini

http://www.cafemom.com/group/97050

bonitamomma3
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:35 PM

mine was doing it so bad he was getting hydrated enough that he was constantly constipated and had very few wet diapers.  he is two months old, and i tried putting cereal in his bottle to try and make it heavier and thicker I swear I have a different baby.  he still spits up but not half his bottle like he use to, and doesn't cry nearly as much, and isn't eating every two hours because he spit up so much that he is hungry again.  But I'm also certain that he has acid relux.  Doctor said he'll outgrow it.  but in the mean time i would like a happy baby. lol.  So I give him cereal.

monkeysmom21006
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:37 PM

My daughter was the same way. It got better when I started feeding her cereal.

lillitigator88
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:38 PM

I give her some cereal at night and it helps soo much but she is hurge she is in 12 mo. clothes in length they are just chunky on her.. idk....  I don't want her to gain weight too quickly...my stupid dilemass grrr.. but at least she is mainly healthy..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)