Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Chicken pox??? HELP...

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:24 PM
  • 6 Replies

So today I notice my almost 2 year old son has bumps on the inner part of his thighs.. it looks like/feel like there is like a pimple like head on  them... does this sound like chicken poxs? I know most of the time they start of on the tummy area and back area. The thing is.. is that he has had the chicken pox shot!! I kno its not an allergic reaction to anything cause i havent changed anything.. so what do u mommas think??

who are you to judge me
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lilmomma003
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:29 PM

anyone..???   simple frown

ECMOM970
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:29 PM

Sounds to me like it is more of a rash from his thighs rubbing on his pants or his other thigh!

Here is a link to a picture of what the Pox look like - more like little white bubbles with fluid in them.

http://pediatrics.about.com/library/pictures/bl_chickenpox.htm

Jaden8505
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:30 PM

I had the chicken pox in like second grade and i dont remember them being like a pimple. I brought the the illness home from school cause another girl had it in my class. So even though I had the shot I still got them.  Is he scratching and itchy? If you think he has chicken pox I would be taking him to the doctor ASAP. You might also look in to measels and mumps they can also be bad illnesses with bumps on the body. good luck mama hope he is ok

jennymitchell
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:32 PM

That's what I was thinking.  Chicken pox looks more like blisters than pimples.

Quoting ECMOM970:

Sounds to me like it is more of a rash from his thighs rubbing on his pants or his other thigh!

Here is a link to a picture of what the Pox look like - more like little white bubbles with fluid in them.

http://pediatrics.about.com/library/pictures/bl_chickenpox.htm

ECMOM970
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:35 PM

The Pox shot doesn't do anything but make the virus less bad! My son had the Pox shot and developed Shingles instead of the pox last year!

BabyMommy_3
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:36 PM

I think it might be a rash, but I'm not positive, so here's a bump!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)