Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Strange pooping behavior...

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:50 PM
  • 5 Replies

My son is almost two years old. Lately, when he needs to poop... he finds a corner, or chair to hide behind to do his business (in his diaper). What is this all about? Is this a sign he is ready for potty training?

It's pretty cute... after he is done grunting, he comes back out with a loaded diaper and continues with his activity.

Anyone else experience this with their little ones?

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
wendy1978
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:53 PM

Normal..my boys did that. Its funny. Give it a little more time though ..its one of the early signs of being ready.

I love my boys !boy kissing mombaby boybaseball

Dawn4175
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:55 PM

If he's hiding before he goes then he knows hes gotta go and I'd give the potty training a shot.

babybutterfly2
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:00 PM

My 7 year old did it when she was little too.  She was always hiding from me behind a chair, and she had her favorite chair in every house, ours and grandparents, to go behind.  Watch it though because my dd developed constipation from hiding and then when you tried to see if she wanted to use the potty she started holding.  Not saying it happens to any other kids, but it happened to mine and its a vicious cycle.  It is cute though when they run and hide and then come out with a poopy, and they know they are cute so they keep doing it I think.  Have fun.

thebestbrianne
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:01 PM

My little sister would hide, but she had major constipation issues. I woudl say as soon as he goes in his hiding place, get him on the potty. He obviously knows its coming so that's a good sign.

Join me at Non-Religious Mommies!

It's ok to be open-minded!

CafeMom Admin
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2009 at 7:30 AM

wave

Hi
ray1,

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms

The Potty Training Moms Support Group!

After Pregnancy: Babies & Toddlers

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom. You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!
\The CafeMom Admin Team

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)