Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stop screaming!!!!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:52 PM
  • 13 Replies

Why does my 9 month LOVE to scream? She will mimic any noises she hears with a scream. I don't understand. My 3 year old is too a loud child, however, when he was 9 months old he was quiet. She's been doing this since she was about 4 months old. She just LOVES to scream... She does it 24-7. I use to think it was cute and would laugh (I still laugh) but JJEEEZZZ kid CHILL LOL. I know she does it because she's happy, and that makes me happy. She is such a good baby, NEVER cries, unless she's hungry and thats not even a cry... But this screaming.. goodness!!!

Does you baby scream like this??? Why do they (if anyone elses does) do this!?!?

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pearee
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:54 PM

No one? LOL I'm all alone in my world of screaming?!?!?!!?!?!? Just my luck!

Telesha
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:54 PM

My 6 month old little girl screeches. It is piercing and she just sits there and screeches and schreeches and screeches! I thought it was cute at first....but I can't talk on the phone, I can't do anything without a screech in the background.....lol :)

TELESHA

Are you married to a REDNECK COUNTRY BOY and damned proud of it?

F_Stathouse
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:55 PM

They mimic the other children; and they are also learning how to talk.  It's there way of saying something to you.   Enjoy; I know; I love my zoo....

tajmogirl
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:56 PM

You most certainly are not alone! My son LOVES to scream, but not because he is angry. He likes to do it for fun. Lol...I dunno why. He is strange! He is 16 months old and still going strong with his screams.

pearee
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:57 PM

Oh no.. still? Gosh, I think I need to invest in some ear plugs!! haha

Quoting tajmogirl:

You most certainly are not alone! My son LOVES to scream, but not because he is angry. He likes to do it for fun. Lol...I dunno why. He is strange! He is 16 months old and still going strong with his screams.

pearee
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:57 PM

Yes! Can do nothing with out her screaming too.  Gosh... the life of a mother huh? LOL

Quoting Telesha:

My 6 month old little girl screeches. It is piercing and she just sits there and screeches and schreeches and screeches! I thought it was cute at first....but I can't talk on the phone, I can't do anything without a screech in the background.....lol :)

MikeysMom51108
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:58 PM

My son does it too. When he was about 6 months old, he gave up babbling and just started screaming.

tajmogirl
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:58 PM

Lol....it gets less and less as time goes on though. Your ears get used to it after a while. TRUST ME! LOL

Quoting pearee:

Oh no.. still? Gosh, I think I need to invest in some ear plugs!! haha

Quoting tajmogirl:

pearee
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:00 PM

Well she says pretty good words.. moma, bubba, dada, nawnaw, ank ew (thank you), ake (jake), bye-bye... so she is learning words. But the screaming LOL ... she's VERY good at that. She's done it for so long you'd think I would be use to it. She gets louder the older she gets!

Quoting F_Stathouse:

They mimic the other children; and they are also learning how to talk.  It's there way of saying something to you.   Enjoy; I know; I love my zoo....

iluvpink0701
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:01 PM

My son does this too! He recently learned that his voice echoes. So he squeals these high pitched squeals... it's embarrassed me a few times. I wrote a post about having to leave a church play because he was squealing in the auditorium... and it was loud.. because it echoed.. so yeah I know exactly how you feel.,.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)