Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

chewing on her fingers

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:09 PM
  • 10 Replies

my 2 month old is always chewing on her fingers sometimes she'll take mine and chew on them too lol. Does that mean shes teething? She also drools like crazy

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MikeysMom51108
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:13 PM

Could be teething, but more likely she's just exploring her world. When my son first started chewing his fingers and mine--I thought for sure he was teething. The pediatrician told me that a lot of parents mistake that for teething when in reality, that's just when babies start exploring. They put everything in their mouths, which in turn makes them drool like crazy.

lilmomma4
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:14 PM

Two months is kind of early for teething. Not saying it never happens, but usually don't. When my baby was that age, he only put his hands in his mouth when he was hungry.

bump

www.myspace.com/lilmisstink78

sunshine21pa
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:16 PM

I didnt think she was teething. I dont see any teeth coming in! Thanks!

culinaryqueen
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:29 PM

It sounds like she is getting ready to teeth, have you looked in her mouth to see if you can see any white specks along her gumline?  My son had four teeth by the time he was four months he was early and his doctor really had no explanation for it, it just happened

aneely08
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:33 PM

The pediatrician agreed with me that my son started teething at 2 months. he's now 5 months and still NO teeth... GOOD LUCK its a rough stage

sunshine21pa
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:35 PM

Quoting aneely08:

The pediatrician agreed with me that my son started teething at 2 months. he's now 5 months and still NO teeth... GOOD LUCK its a rough stage

Thats what I hear! That babies are miserable during the teething stage! (Im a New mommy) and that babies will scream there heads off because its painful! I dont know if the people are trying to scare me or not lol I guess I'll find out soon enough :)

thebestbrianne
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:37 PM

Probably just trying out new things. Babies don't usually get teeth that early, but that's about the time they learn to what their mouth does.

Join me at Non-Religious Mommies!

It's ok to be open-minded!

sparkyskitten
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:38 PM

my older brother had teeth at 2 months..

My DD had teeth at 4 months and was good teether most of the time the only sign was drool...

expecting boyMarch 2009. We already have a great toddler girl July 2006.

Don't complain about life if you're not willing to get off your ass and do something to change it.

Group Admin Breastfeeding Moms Uncensored

culinaryqueen
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:48 PM

I have heard the same but as a new mom I can honestly say that my son did not fuss at all, I was waiting for it and thank goodness it never came, I am a registered dental hygienist and aware of the signs the little ones will go thru so it blew my mind away when my son had nothing, except four little white spots two on the bottom and two on the top by the time he was four months old, it just made me go HMMMMMMM.

Quoting sunshine21pa:

Quoting aneely08:

Thats what I hear! That babies are miserable during the teething stage! (Im a New mommy) and that babies will scream there heads off because its painful! I dont know if the people are trying to scare me or not lol I guess I'll find out soon enough :)

aneely08
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 12:10 AM

Quoting sunshine21pa:

Quoting aneely08:

It really isn't too bad... just sometimes for now reason they cry out in pain.. but it quickly goes away... like Aiden will be chewing on his fingers and just scream... it starts to hurt after a while... we found a vibrating teether its awesome! and also you can wet a wash cloth and stick it in the freezer for a few minutes and that feels good to them. But fingers are their FAVORITE!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)