Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Speaking of racism..? PIOG

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:16 PM
  • 63 Replies

First off let me say, I am in no way racist, whatsoever.  Some of my best friends growing up were black.  But, in the wake of all the racial posts about Obama going around, I have a question.  I have been hearing a lot of people post about how black people have been telling them things like "Now that Obama is in office you will be opening my doors, etc. etc."  The list could go on.  I don't think the color of his skin has anything to do with how great of a president he will be.  Anyway, someone else made a post about if people thought someone would try to assasinate the president.  Unfortunately there are A LOT of KKK members still in the south.  I think I read some horrible number like 20,000 or something. 

Do you all think that if something horrid like that actually happened that it would spark a war in the us between races?  Do you think some of the black people who say the things like "now that he is president, etc." will turn on white people for it and blame everyone?  I know this is horrible to even think about..but I have noticed that some people have that mentality.  I think it's great that we have a black president..it needs to happen for our nation.. but do you think there would be a divide, slayings, backlash, etc if that were to ever happen to him?

Sorry this is long..it was a little difficult trying to get out what I wanted to ask.  Please don't bash me, it is just a question.  I know he has the most security ever.  I think I just worry about it though.  I didn't vote for him personally, but I pray for his safety and hope that the things he wishes to accomplish work for this country.

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DamiensMommy1
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:21 PM

good post.. I agree with your point your trying to make.

I dont think someone being president should be based on a skin color.. I know quite a few AA people that didnt even vote for Obama. And Ive also seen those people that your talking about saying stuff like "the white mans always been in charge and held us down, now its time for paybacks" and bs like that.

I do agree that there are F****d up people in the world, and the whole time hes in office hes unfortunately gonna be their target.. do I want this to happen.. No. but, its the truth..

Hopefully he does good for our country.

Photobucket
steph2884
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:22 PM

I don't think if he were assassinated that it would cause an all out race war. There might be riots, but I think most of the anger would be at the person who actually pulled the trigger or however they would do it. I hope it doesn't happen. I've yet to see an assassination of a president in my life, and I'd rather not see one in my life time.

Swtdreamerbaby
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:24 PM

I hope not either.  I am just scared more innocent people would die due to a backlash, kwim?

Quoting steph2884:

I don't think if he were assassinated that it would cause an all out race war. There might be riots, but I think most of the anger would be at the person who actually pulled the trigger or however they would do it. I hope it doesn't happen. I've yet to see an assassination of a president in my life, and I'd rather not see one in my life time.

lvnmylif

No it would not be an international incident.  It would however spark a race war here at home.  could you imagine the riots that would happen in every major city.  I do think that Obama is the most secure person on the planet and I doubt that he would be assassinated.

lrj42685

Well i think its stupid to say things like "he is going to put the white people down" blah blah or blame white people just like him being black has nothing to do with his ability to lead the country. I doubt he himself blames white people or even would dignify that with a response condsidering he was raised by white grandparents lol The color of skin only matters to ignorant people and that is on both sides of the racial divide. I hope it wouldnt start a race war bc it would just hurt more people and that solves nothing

Swtdreamerbaby
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:26 PM

I totally agree with you.  Unfortunately though many do think/act that way

Quoting lrj42685:

Well i think its stupid to say things like "he is going to put the white people down" blah blah or blame white people just like him being black has nothing to do with his ability to lead the country. I doubt he himself blames white people or even would dignify that with a response condsidering he was raised by white grandparents lol The color of skin only matters to ignorant people and that is on both sides of the racial divide

katzmeow726
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:28 PM

I'm embarassed to admit that just a few months ago some alabamians were arrested for making threats against Obama (KKK members, surprised?)  There are a lot of racist pigs down here, and they will blantantly talk about all that bull**** like white supremacy.  White supremacy my ass... I know kids more literate than those fools.

ScrewednTattood
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:30 PM

I think the OP has a very valid point and I do worry for Obama's safety. I'm not a fan of him in the least, definatly didn't vote for him (I didn't like Biden is why). Anyhoo.. I honestly think there would be major riots, non obama supporters being blamed for it (and by non obama supporters, I mean any race that didn't vote for the man) would be targeted.

God only knows I HOPE this doesn't happen but all the security in the world does not guarantee anything!! Keep in mind, an inside job is also very possible. A cook with bad intentions, security guard gone bad, driver decides to wreck the car on purpose or have it blown up...

Sorry I'm rambling.. I watch too many crimetv shows. Good post btw!

Swtdreamerbaby
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:31 PM

I know..and I think they are persistent too with their efforts

Quoting katzmeow726:

I'm embarassed to admit that just a few months ago some alabamians were arrested for making threats against Obama (KKK members, surprised?)  There are a lot of racist pigs down here, and they will blantantly talk about all that bull**** like white supremacy.  White supremacy my ass... I know kids more literate than those fools.

babybutterfly2
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:31 PM

Who can say.  I mean MLK was assasinated by a black man, and Lincoln was assassinated by a white man.  No one knows how this 4 years will go, but we can hope that things go great and the economy picks up, the war ends soon, that healthcare gets better, and that jobs come back to the states.  I did not vote for him either, I wrote in a name not on the ballot for my choice, but I don't care what color the president is as long as he runs the country the correct way.  Obama is biracial with a black father and white mother, he was raised by his white grandmother who he praised throughout his campaing, so what does skin color matter.  As long as you can do the job you were hired to do, it should not matter.  This is the USA and maybe with a new direction we can be a great prosperous nation again. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)