Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

advice on baby with rsv

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:43 PM
  • 6 Replies

my baby boy was born dec 22 08 via c section 9 Lbs 14 oz, 22 inches long! On monday  he began getting sick of course i freaked as he is only 4 weeks so i took him to the er he was admitted bc he has Rsv. he came home today but im soooo worried somethings gonna happen

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Lessell
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:46 PM

I am sure he will make it through. Just make sure he eats plenty, suck out his nose a lot, and keep him elevated. My son had RSV at 4 months and it was a rough time but he got through it. It has a lasting effect though. Every time my baby boy so much as catches a cold we are on pins and needles now because they get respiratory infections a lot easier after RSV, So remember you cannot be too cautious.

Green Our Vaccines

4LifeTupperware
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:48 PM

Oh honey I am sorry my 11 month old did the same... at 4 weeks we were in the ER and admitted without 20mintues..    You still need to watch him, and if it looks like he is going downhill and not getting better call the doctor and if he starts having trouble breathing then go to the ER...

My little one got the RSV  at 4 weeks and then at 7 weeks got Croup.( and we were back in the hospital for a few more days).. I would say try to not let anyone around him that is or has been around anyone sick, wash hands a lot don't let anyone hold him that hasn't washed there hands, if they get mad to bad.

Melanie, Wife for 14 years and a Mom, to 13 year old daughter, 10 year old son, 3 year old son, 11 month old son and two angel babies that would also be 11 months old, and Tupperware Consultant!   "Only one life, will soon be passed, only what's done for Christ will last."          

Ilovemyson51508
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:49 PM

I agree with this totally and you might want to try a humidifier that smeed to help my lil man when he got home from the hospital with it is is allways sick now when the wether gets crazy good luck and hope he gets better i know how it feel mine was in the hospital for a week and a half it got really bad cause no doctor would listen to me till his temp got up to a105. and i refused to leave!!!

Quoting Lessell:

I am sure he will make it through. Just make sure he eats plenty, suck out his nose a lot, and keep him elevated. My son had RSV at 4 months and it was a rough time but he got through it. It has a lasting effect though. Every time my baby boy so much as catches a cold we are on pins and needles now because they get respiratory infections a lot easier after RSV, So remember you cannot be too cautious.

coreyhsmom
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:49 PM

hey dont worry my almost 8 year old now had rsv when he was three weeks old. i know it is easier said then done. just make sure you do all the doctor says to do and i am sure the baby will be just fine. I dont mean to scare you more but i dont know if you know that they saw they are more likely to have asthma when they get older

shay52085
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:53 PM

My son was the same way. Just make sure you keep a close eye on him. If he seems to be getting worse call the dr. ASAP! Good luck momma. I know its scary...especially when they are so little

teamquinn
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:57 PM

I agree with the other posters, especially with keeping anyone who is sick away for a while.  Also find out if he is a candidate for the vaccine for RSV.  My twins had RSV twice and then the vaccine came out.  They were premies so they qualified for it. That was 11 years ago.  I believe they are now giving it to more children. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)