Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does Anybody Know... (PIOG)

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:48 PM
  • 11 Replies

...anything about an enlarged spleen disorder?  My DH was complaining about severe stomach pains, yesterday, so I took him to the ER last night.  After several different tests, they've discovered that he had an enlarged spleen, but all of his lab work came back fine and they have no clue as to why he has this.  They said it's possible that he has an infection some where in his body, so they are pumping him with antibiotics as well as pain medicine, because at times the pain is unbearable.  But, his pain seems to be getting worse instead of better.  So, does anyone know anything about this?  Has anyone dealt with this kind of situation before?  With the docs being stumped as of the cause, I'm a little worried...okay, okay...maybe a little more than a little worried!  How could they not know???

-Thankssimple frown

Cindy - mom to Taylor & Hannah & Always looking to meet new friends!

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luving-mom-of-2
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:56 PM

Anybody??

Jenny301
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:04 PM

bumping for you

Trying To Conceive with Butterfly Pictures, Images and Photos

PugBug_117
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:05 PM

bump

Naturleigh8
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:06 PM

Quoting Jenny301:

bumping for you

Ms.Dean
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:14 PM

Bump.

okiemamaCyndi
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:22 PM

Take him & get a 2nd opinion.  In Nov my husband was sent home from the dr @ noon w/ a diagnosis of "stomach virus".  He had surgery @ 9pm that night because his appendix ruptured. He literally almost died - spent 10 days in the hospital and missed 5 weeks of work. I'm not trying to scare you, I'm just saying severe pain means something is wrong - get it rechecked.  Good luck girl!

Cyndi

VSquiers0127
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:25 PM

The first thing that came to my mind was possible appendicitis. Have the doctors run tests to check for that because I hear that pain is excruciating! Have them check for kidney stones, too. I have those and oh my word! They are horrible beyond belief!

Good luck.. update us!

I got married only 4 months after meeting my husband and we couldn't be happier! 01/27/2006
I have suffered from two miscarriages and have two little angels watching down on me and my family. 10/2006 , 03/2007
I am a proud Mommy to a little boy who looks just like his father... handsome and charming! 01/17/2008
I'm expecting my second little boy and can't wait to raise two sons so close in age! EDD 04/28/2009

Meganabc
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:28 PM
Bump
luving-mom-of-2
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:45 PM

Thanks to those who replied.  It's not kidney stones, he had different tests done and all came back normal...no traces of the stones.  That's what they thought it might be at first, before they discovered that his spleen was enlarged.  And, he had his appendix removed when he was 14, so no chance it's appendicitis.  His pain is on his left side, anyway.

luving-mom-of-2
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 1:10 PM

bump??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)