Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Least I know its not me

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:48 PM
  • 1 Replies

Look a non venting post.. least I think it is.. My mom has been pretty hard on me about a lot of stuff, recently it's only gotten worse. I now know why she's stressing so bad. It's cuz she gives up on my brother. That boy at 16 has more freedom than I had at 18, and I was the one that did good in school and behaved.. He has all these freedoms and only takes advantave and does stuff he knows he can't do.. He can pretty much do whatever, he only has to do dishes around the house, and since I mostly do those he doesn't really have any other responcibilities. He can have friends over, they overcrowd the house at times, plays his xbox most the time hes home.. thats even pushing some his close friends away, so now its more potheads and gamers that come over instead, she fuels his smoking habbit, though is stopping and telling him he has to take care of himself, he can drink with friends here and there, smoke pot, her only thing is not INSIDE the house, and he thinks opening windows is ok.. and also no friends can come over before she gets home from work.. except these 2 that my mom knows real well, also theres 2 others that somehow can too.. today there were 3 kids that came over, 1 of which I saw once, 2 that have never even been here before.. mom flips out on him, though that does no good.. and I realize that shes just giving up on him.. the stress of giving him so much freedom and not listening to all of 2 rules, and also not hurting his brothers, adn nothing getting to him, talking back about everything.. and she cant even tell her husband, who is only here on weekends, cuz she will only get in trouble for letting him get wild again and he would prob send him off, was close so many times before for many things. Im sad that hes stressing her, and I just wish he would change, but it makes me feel a bit better to know that shes mainly taking things out on me that are cuz of him, and not me, if you get what I mean..

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
1-teen-mommy
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 10:09 AM

im 17 and have a 12 yr old sister and i feel like at 12 she is way more free than i was at 14-16. and i have discovered that i try to nose in what is going on with her more than my mom and i never understood it. she doesnt get grounded unless it is for a day. i thought maybe mom liked her better but i have come to find out that her attitude is really hurting my mom and mom doesnt know what else to do so she kinda quit. i think maybe when your second child becomes worse at a younger age than the first it is decided that its done and nothing can be done about it. thats my output.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)