Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PLEASE don't bash me, but...

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:54 PM
  • 11 Replies

Now, how many of you opened this post because you think there's something dramatic in here?

Just wondering why every other post has that disclaimer in it, and usually an apology too.  Has it really become necessary?  Have so many people just gone around looking for a war of words that people feel they have to do that?

And do you really think it'll make a difference whether or not you put that in?

Here's the thing: .  Some people are going to showcase their ignorance and immaturity as though it's some kind of badge of honor. But here's the best part of that: they can't get to you without your permission! 

So don't give it to them.  Move on, go to another post, let them think they had the last word...why should you get all huffy over someone who posts like they have the IQ of a turnip?  Wouldn't it be more satisfying to know that some putz is wasting their own time fuming because you were the bigger person than to allow them to make you fume?

Just wondering.

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tajmogirl
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:55 PM

I know what you mean. However, you saying someone has the IQ of a turnip did make me laugh!

Teeshann
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:56 PM

i think it's nuts how quickly ppl get bashed just cuz they do things differently than another so the other person has to inform them how stupid and wrong they are.

My2Munchkinz
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:56 PM

lol...cute!  That's SO true!  Truthfully, I only opened this post b/c I saw there were no replies and I hate when I post something and no one replies to it.  So I was just trying to be nice...but I agree completely w/ you.  =)

elena.1122
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:58 PM

sarcasm

PugBug_117
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:01 PM

I love reading the stupid fights! I mean DUMB ones! I find it hilarious that people are actually fighting over it!

I totally opened this for that reason.

braesmommy06
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:03 PM

i agree

allensavannahs
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:05 PM

me too

Quoting PugBug_117:

I love reading the stupid fights! I mean DUMB ones! I find it hilarious that people are actually fighting over it!

I totally opened this for that reason.

sparkyskitten
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:05 PM

this was the least dumb post up in my most recent

expecting boyMarch 2009. We already have a great toddler girl July 2006.

Don't complain about life if you're not willing to get off your ass and do something to change it.

Group Admin Breastfeeding Moms Uncensored

lilmomma4
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:06 PM

I mostly open posts that don't have replies or just a couple. Otherwise, if I do open drama ones, I usually just read them especially if it's something really outrageous.

www.myspace.com/lilmisstink78

Razzle_Dazzle30
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:06 PM

That's sweet, I try to do that too :)

Oh, and just because I want to clear it up, I want to add that I'm not directing this at anyone in particular or even any one type of reader or poster.  It's just something I notice and was genuinley curious about

Quoting My2Munchkinz:

lol...cute!  That's SO true!  Truthfully, I only opened this post b/c I saw there were no replies and I hate when I post something and no one replies to it.  So I was just trying to be nice...but I agree completely w/ you.  =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)