Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Tiaras

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:01 PM
  • 15 Replies

have any of you put your daughters in beauty pagents? what do you think of the moms who put their babies and they have makeup on? if you did put your daughters in beauty pagents how old were they and did you act like crazy mom whos lil princess needs to win? or was it just for fun? and for those moms who havent put their daughters in beauty pagents why not? just asking.

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PurpleNurples
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:04 PM

I have never and never will put my girls in beauty pageants. I don't need someone else telling me that they are beautiful.  I already know they are.  I don't bash or look down on moms who do, but I REALLY have a problem with makeup on little ones.  Do you have to put makeup on the little ones?  I was just thinking about this the other day.  How bizarre.

flying bunny

baby1love
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:07 PM

I COMPLETELY 100% agree with EVERYTHING you said.

To me it looks tashy putting makeup on babies and toddlers....... it is very bizarre.

Quoting PurpleNurples:

I have never and never will put my girls in beauty pageants. I don't need someone else telling me that they are beautiful.  I already know they are.  I don't bash or look down on moms who do, but I REALLY have a problem with makeup on little ones.  Do you have to put makeup on the little ones?  I was just thinking about this the other day.  How bizarre.

Proud Mama to SuperShaylee and 3 angels (5 weeks Biscuit  3/06 , ButterBean 12 weeks 3/08,8 weeks Baby M 11/08)

luvmygirls2240
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:08 PM

I've never put my girls in pagents. Why, you ask? Well, 1. There aren't many things like that around here, 2. My oldest has a short attention span, 3. my youngest is really shy. Don't think it would be a good idea for me to try! :)

jager_bomb_wideweb__470x3650-1.gif picture by stefanie2240

melissa089
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:12 PM

i agree....

Quoting PurpleNurples:

Calimom2
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:26 PM

I have boys but I'll throw in my 2 cents anyway...

I think if I had a daughter I wouldn't put her in any beauty pageants. If it's like a talent show type thing where everyone is treated equal...that would be fine If that's something she wanted to do but I don't like the idea of parading my toddler around in makeup to get a prize & title. I think healthy competition is good...kids need to learn how to win & lose graciously but I just don't like the focus to be on looks. 

CAarmywife
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:30 PM

when dd was 7 months old she was in the town baby contest. her category was 6-12 months, there were 11 babies in total and about 9 of them were 11 or 12 months. she got third. thats about as far as i go.  this contest was judged on looks but also mobility, dexterity, etc and heck no will my kid be wearing make up to win a contest. if she cant win on her looks au natural as a child well then there is something wrong that competition. she wears make up now and then (shes 2 and its not too look good its to play around. she thinks shes so funny putting it on herself with my make up brushes. she usually ends up looking like a clown but she had fun doing it. she looooves chapstick)

PoisonousBlonde
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:32 PM

My 8 year old daughter wanted to do one and we let her. She wore no make up and just a dress. She won! I do have a problem with the kids wearing makeup. I would never enter my daughter in one of them.

SDC11062.jpg picture by PoisonousBlonde_81

img381/8154/99620876gs2.gifthimage021.jpg jasper witlock hale image by mrscullen1jasoer2.jpg jasper image by NiK_ThE_NuT7255646.jpg Jasper Hale image by mabudachi3OMEYUP.jpg Team Jasper image by sspatlan88

PurpleNurples
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:35 PM

What a beautiful little girl.  It's good you let her follow her own dreams.  Isn't it really expensive?

Quoting PoisonousBlonde:

My 8 year old daughter wanted to do one and we let her. She wore no make up and just a dress. She won! I do have a problem with the kids wearing makeup. I would never enter my daughter in one of them.

flying bunny

melissa089
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:40 PM

she is so pretty so dont need make up ever! nautral beauty is her thing! she is really adorable.

Quoting PoisonousBlonde:

PoisonousBlonde
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:40 PM

Yeah it was her decision, not mine or anyone elses. I could've entered her a few times before she decided to do it but I wanted it to be her decision kwim? It was fun, we just told her to have fun and who cares if she won or lost. To get her in it only cost $5, the dress was the most expensive but she got a lot of wear out of it. It was even that much, no where even close to what you see others wear.

SDC11135.jpg picture by PoisonousBlonde_81

Quoting PurpleNurples:

What a beautiful little girl.  It's good you let her follow her own dreams.  Isn't it really expensive?

Quoting PoisonousBlonde:

img381/8154/99620876gs2.gifthimage021.jpg jasper witlock hale image by mrscullen1jasoer2.jpg jasper image by NiK_ThE_NuT7255646.jpg Jasper Hale image by mabudachi3OMEYUP.jpg Team Jasper image by sspatlan88

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)