Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Were your pregnancies different?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:27 PM
  • 16 Replies

I have one son and I was VERY sick with that pregnancy for 14 weeks. I lost 7 lbs the first month. It was horrible. Friends keep telling me that it might not happen the next time. Has anyone been very sick with one pregnancy, but not with the next? I'd love to hear "inspirational" stories.

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Teeshann
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:28 PM

nope i was sick with both. first was a girl, second a boy. i was sick longer with my first though. i think around 3rd trimester with my son i finally got over the stupid all day sickness.

LauraEK
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:29 PM

With my first pg, I was sick for the first 6 weeks, with my second(I had a m/c about 5 days after I found out I was pg) none at all, and my third I was not sick either.

Photobucket

Smiley_1977
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:30 PM

With my girls I was sick all the time throuh out my whole preg. but with my booys i was never had morning sickness but had other problems.

wearing crownamerican footballMARI toddler girltoddler boy

Rhynestonefreak

OH YEAH! With my first son, I never knew I was pregnant until I was 6 months along, never felt him move, had my period, NEVER KNEW. I gained a couple of pounds (10 pounds during the whole pregnancy and I was an average weight). Even after I found out I never felt pregnant. With my second pregnancy, I knew I was pregnant the second it happened, I was SOOOOOOOOOOO sick, in pain the whole 9 months, couldn't wait for it to be OVER with, I gained 30 pounds during the pregnancy and yeah I just wanted to die...you can say they were different lol

toddler boyParker (6-1-07) baby boyColten (1-15-09) 

mross0687

With my first pregnancy I was very sick and I had a girl. With my second I had twin boys and it was a piece of cake, I was only sick for a week and that was at the beginning.

mygirlKyra
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:31 PM

My first pregnancy (girl) I did not have any sickness at all.  Now with my second (boy) I was sick for the first four months and then the last 2 months.  I could honestly tell you the time of day from my first four months of sickness.  It was always at 11:00a.m. and 4:00p.m.  LOL

PugBug_117
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:31 PM

VERY different! My first was HORRIBLE! And my second wasn't so bad. I was sick ALL the time with the first, and itchy, little red bumps everywhere!

The second I was sick every now and then, no biggie. Didn't gain nearly as much weight...still uncomfy just from being preggie. I hate being preggie.

JudeandLucy
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:32 PM

Mine were very different. With my first, I literally had morning sickness ONE day lol. I was very comfortable even up to the day I delievered.

Now, with my daughter, I was sick to my stomach every day of the first trimester, but after that I was fine. The last four weeks or so I was MISERABLE...wanted nothing more than to get that kid out of me lol.

And with this pregnancy, about the first 6 weeks I felt like hell everyday - now, at 11 weeks, I'm fine :-)  Just the normal fatigue and I've had a bit of back pain but that's all.

Good luck!

mom-x-2
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:33 PM

with my first dd, I was sick the normal few weeks, but with #2 my ds I was so sick for almost 7 mo I couldn't keep anything down and lost 25 lb, delivering at my original weight (a few less actually) but I was overwight to begin with. My two are only 16 mo apart so it was fun being so sick and having an infant! Good luck!

lilmomma4
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:34 PM

First one I was sick for the first 3 weeks...everyday.Then I was ok, but ended up delivering early. The second one was also premature,but I only had morning sickness for 2 weeks on and off. I also had sciatic nerve pain the last 3 months.The third (premature) I had gestational diabetes,low weight gain and was sick the whole pregnancy and was placed on bed rest. The 4th one severe back pain,morning sickness on and off the first 3 months and the last month. Bedrest, managed to deliver 3 days past what's considered full term. Last baby...severe back pain starting in second trimester, premature labor...stopped by bed rest and shots to control contractions. Delivered full term. Morning sickness only during the first trimester everyday.

www.myspace.com/lilmisstink78

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)