Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

7 month old is constipated! Need Advice!!!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:29 PM
  • 21 Replies

My DD is almost 8 months old and I'm trying out the 2nd stage foods like Chicken and Rice, Sweet Potatoes, cereals, etc. etc.  Now she is constipated and I've tried giving her the Dark Karo syrup in a bottle with diluted grape juice.  It helps her dispose of a little bit but it's really thick and there's not much of it, plus she's still trying to push.  Any one have advice for me?  How should I give it to her, or is there something else I should try?

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kaker104
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:31 PM

Massage her tummy. Works like a charm w/my ds.

cpyrrha

undiluted apple juice.  works like a charm.

RaydonsMommy

We use straight up Low Sugar Prune Juice w/ Ray. We can't give him all that much because then we get a blow out disaster NOT FUN! I would say 3-4oz is the max to give.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday TickerDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Photobucket
PurpleNurples

What about a glycerin suppository? 

flying bunny

two2tango
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:32 PM

You shouldn't do anything else. Call the ped tomorrow morning and see what they say. Constipation can be caused by many diff things and should be handled by a dr. In my experience, if the baby isn't clearly in pain when pooping, it's ok to let things happen naturally.

melissa089

i have the same problem with my 7 mth olds.... my mom tells me to give them water and today it seemed to help them go....

jodyann2

murilax.

alliesmommy07
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:34 PM

when my daughter was about 12 months (shes 15 months now) she was the same way and i had to take her to the doctor and they gave her some medicine and it started to work in about a day or two also when she eats prunes she goes good luck momma

Msvalsworld
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:34 PM

Quoting PurpleNurples:
A suppository will help her go right away

What about a glycerin suppository? 

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lizzie21
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:35 PM

My son had a very hard time pooping, so I had to give him glycerin zapositories, which are like miny enimas, you can buy the over the counter and will have him pooping immediatly

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)