Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Band Geeks!!!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:31 PM
  • 11 Replies

Poll

Question: which instrument should she play

Options:

Baritone

French Horn

Cello

other ( why not lol)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 21

View Results

My DD is starting middle school next year and will be in band.  The schools had an instrument try out and My DD cannot decide which instrument to play.  I've added a poll.. Please help..lol So far she loves all 3 instruments.  Also could you give a bump

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PurpleNurples
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:32 PM

I played percussion. 

flying bunny

okiemamaCyndi
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:33 PM

I vote for the flute!  Cute, girly and you get to be up front.  Also easy to learn - If I can do it anyone can!

Cyndi

aapye
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:33 PM

Quote:

I played percussion. 

she tried that and it wasn't her thing.. She also disdained woodwinds
aapye
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:36 PM

bump

LaNette000
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:39 PM

My dd plays percussion, she says, get the cello, cause she would love to learn the cello! Our school doesn't teach strings!

CallieLynsMommy
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:39 PM

BUMP!

I wasn't in band but I was in Color Guard in high school and college, I loved it! I voted french horn, all of the people who played french horn in the band always seemed to like it!

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."- Mahatma Gandhi
mamapotter
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:40 PM

I played the flute, but my very best friend played the French horn, so I voted for that.  It seemd much easier on his back to carry it at attention.

Dr. Phil said that the secret to inner peace was to finish everything you started.  So I looked around the house, finished the book I wanted to read, my old Prozac prescription, the rest of the cheesecake, and a bottle of Jack Daniels.  You wouldn't believe how calm I am now.
tajmogirl
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:41 PM

My hubby and one of my best friends played trombone and LOVED it! My hubby still plays to this day. He plays in a Ska band!

ejsmommie07
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:43 PM

I played the flute and the clarinet :o)

Bumpity Bump

hmjones2005
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 12:51 AM

My sister did color guard too. She was so good at it and got solos all the time. Then she also did winter guard. It was so much fun going to all the competitions with her.

I would say french horn as well. I was going to say clarinet, but you said she didn't like the woodwinds.

Quoting CallieLynsMommy:

BUMP!

I wasn't in band but I was in Color Guard in high school and college, I loved it! I voted french horn, all of the people who played french horn in the band always seemed to like it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)