Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I've never been so mad at her. (kinda long vent)

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:39 PM
  • 22 Replies

My step-daughter has a MAJOR attention problem, especially since the new baby came.  Well today she wanted my MIL & I to play with her.  Problem was, MIL was cooking dinner & I was feeding the baby & talking to my grandmother on the phone.  Well, SD kept trying to get our attention but we were both busy.  She kept saying "Mamaw, mamaw, mamaw, mamaw" & MIL kept telling her she was trying to make dinner.  Next thing I know, I hear her talking about DS, I finally tuned out my grandmother to listen to SD & she was saying "Blaine's gonna die, did you know that?  Blaine's gonna die in a minute."  Blaine is my DS btw, he's only 6 weeks old.  She had said that probably about 4 times before I paid attention to her & when MIL saw that I was mad she said "Karlie, shut up."  That's all she said.  Well, being a mother I was upset so I took DS & went in the bedroom to cool off & calm down.  I couldn't decide if I wanted to scream or cry.  I sent my SO a text telling him the situation & how MIL didn't say anything to her.  So when he got home he said something to her about it & my MIL was taking up for SD.  Are you kidding me?  You don't say things like that.  THEN MIL gets mad because SO said something to SD about it.  He wasn't mean, he just politely said "Did you say this?"  MIL jumps in "She was just playing."  WELL Ms. I'm-So-Perfect-&-Know-It-All, if you she would've looked at you & said "G.D. it, mamaw" & was only playing it'd be a different story.

Sorry, I just had to vent.

I'm a non-married, epidural birthing, breast-milk bottle feeding, co-sleeping, vaccinating, non-circumsizing, disposable diapering kinda mom.  I am a stay-at-home-mom who will rear-face, public school, and spank if necessary.  I'm pro-choice, democratic, athiest, and all for world peace.  I support gay rights, I'm not racist, & I believe we were all created equal.  My son is my life, he makes my heart melt.  So, now that we got that outta the way...it's nice to meet you!
"The moment a child is born, the mother is also born." -Rajneesh
Trying to lose weight?  Already lost it?
Come join
Moms Helping Moms Lose Weight.

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PugBug_117
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:42 PM

OMGosh, that's just something you don't "play" about. How old is your SD? I'd be pissed too & definitely keep an eye on SD!

MommaRose98

How old is your step-daughter?

PurpleNurples

OMG!  I wouldn't know whether to scream or cry either.  Probably both.  Why in the hell would she say something so hurtful and scary?

flying bunny

mommysasha1988
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:43 PM

She's 6.  I don't leave them alone AT ALL.  I won't even leave my DS with my MIL alone.  Either SO or I have to be there.  I trust him in a room by himself while I go to the bathroom more than in a room with my MIL, it's bad.

Quoting PugBug_117:

OMGosh, that's just something you don't "play" about. How old is your SD? I'd be pissed too & definitely keep an eye on SD!

I'm a non-married, epidural birthing, breast-milk bottle feeding, co-sleeping, vaccinating, non-circumsizing, disposable diapering kinda mom.  I am a stay-at-home-mom who will rear-face, public school, and spank if necessary.  I'm pro-choice, democratic, athiest, and all for world peace.  I support gay rights, I'm not racist, & I believe we were all created equal.  My son is my life, he makes my heart melt.  So, now that we got that outta the way...it's nice to meet you!
Come join

mommysasha1988
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:45 PM

She's wants attention.  She can't stand to not have everyone's attention.  When my SO was talking to her about it he said "What if someone told you Daddy was going to die in a minute?"  & SHE LAUGHED!  He said "Is that funny?"  & she was like "Yea."  Ugh...she's got behavior issues...bad.

Quoting PurpleNurples:

OMG!  I wouldn't know whether to scream or cry either.  Probably both.  Why in the hell would she say something so hurtful and scary?

Come join

PugBug_117
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:45 PM

You live with her? I'm so sorry.

Quoting mommysasha1988:

She's 6.  I don't leave them alone AT ALL.  I won't even leave my DS with my MIL alone.  Either SO or I have to be there.  I trust him in a room by himself while I go to the bathroom more than in a room with my MIL, it's bad.

Quoting PugBug_117:

mommysasha1988
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:48 PM

Yea, it's horrible.  BUT it helps with the bills when you have a new baby. 

Quoting PugBug_117:

You live with her? I'm so sorry.

Quoting mommysasha1988:

Quoting PugBug_117:

Come join

PugBug_117
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:57 PM

True! Have you tried talking to her or do you generally leave it to your SO? I'm sensing she's a big bitch.

Quoting mommysasha1988:

mommysasha1988
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:59 PM

He does it all.  He deals with MIL & SD.  It seems to make it much easier...sometimes I think MIL is afraid to say anything back to him because we might leave.

Quoting PugBug_117:

True! Have you tried talking to her or do you generally leave it to your SO? I'm sensing she's a big bitch.

Quoting mommysasha1988:

Come join

PugBug_117
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 12:02 AM

I would definitely get the hell outta there ASAP. Now....it's his daughter with somebody else...and she lives with you guys too, all the time? Or just visits?

Quoting mommysasha1988:

He does it all.  He deals with MIL & SD.  It seems to make it much easier...sometimes I think MIL is afraid to say anything back to him because we might leave.

Quoting PugBug_117:

Quoting mommysasha1988:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)